Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: The Marc´s Sketchbook and the HOURGLASS count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(05-12-2014, 09:43 PM)0ziRi5 Wrote: [ -> ]Thats some nice work there. I reall like amount of effort you put into your studies. And the fabric on figures is just stunning. definitely have to to that myself. :)

Thanks my friend!! I´m glad you appreciate the work done, and also your sketchbook is looking great, love your anatomy studies!!
Face studies!! M. Hampton style

[Image: hampton2_5.jpg]
[Image: hampton2_5_2_copy.jpg]
More head studies and Games of Thrones based sketches

[Image: hampton2_5_3.jpg]
[Image: Go_T_12.jpg]
[Image: Go_T_13.jpg]
[Image: Go_T_14.jpg]
[Image: hampton2_5_4.jpg]
[Image: Go_T_15.jpg]
[Image: Go_T_16.jpg]
[Image: Go_T_17_copy.jpg]
[Image: study.jpg]
Playing with colors and form, colors still are the most difficult thing ever.
there are some figure studies, i just love the human figure, and thumbnails for a malefica contest.
[Image: color.jpg]
[Image: color2.jpg][Image: hampton2_6_1.jpg]
[Image: malefica_copy.jpg]
Quick sketches !! after reading Games of Thrones.

[Image: Go_T_18.jpg]
[Image: Go_T_19.jpg]
Here are some quick figure studies, trying to catch the terminator in the human form, i choose simple lighting setups so it´s easy to analyze, and there is the maleficent fan art finished, i really need some critiques over this. I did my best and still don´t like me.

[Image: hampton2_6_2.jpg]
[Image: hampton2_6_3.jpg]
[Image: malefica_final3.jpg]
Sup dude, really nice amount of work you're putting in here! I'm gonna attempt to come up with some crits for your new piece

I'd say the biggest issue is how much light and contrasting color you have on Aurora, it makes her stand out immediately and she draws the focus of the eye much more than Maleficent. I don't know if you were going for a first read on Aurora then a second read noticing Maleficent in the darkness, or if you wanted Mal to be the focal point and Aurora to be less important, but right not it seems like the story is equally about both characters and I think that makes the image not as engaging. So first crit, pick one character to focus on and design the lighting and contrast around that, not letting anything else in the image draw the viewer's eye as much.

Second crit is your choice of staging, in my opinion there is too much space in this image and not enough focus on the characters. I think it might be stronger if you zoomed in, cropped out all that black on the sides that tells nothing about the story and probably crop out the folds of Maleficent's dress. It's a shame because dress folds can look really amazing, but in this case you have to ask yourself if they're really helping the image and telling the story.

I think the scary mood would be stronger if you went darker with your shadows, on Maleficent for example it seems you were afraid of losing any detail so you made the shadows a midtone instead of a dark, but it would actually be much scarier if her face was thrown into dark shadow and we couldn't see the details of her face very clearly.

As for the colors, if the dress is cropped out and we get rid of that red purple you've got a nice split complementary colro scheme, blue green and yellow green, and you can make maleficent's lips a stunning red that will act s an accent to those colors.

Here's a quick PO where I've ruined all your hard work.
[Image: ENNixhN.jpg]
Hope this helps at all XD

keep killing it dude!
Finished another sketchbook this weekend
a lot of it are from life, drawing people in the subway, bus, streets. Drawing with just pen help me cleaning my line, you get used to observe and draw with a few lines.
[Image: sketchbook010614.jpg]
[Image: sketchbook020614.jpg]
[Image: sketchbook250514.jpg]
[Image: sketchbook270514.jpg]
[Image: sketchbook280514.jpg]
[Image: sketchbook300514.jpg]
Wow!! Thank´s, that is a really good critic.
You´re right, i have a lot of useless space, about Aurora been the focal point was the main idea, see her and then look at who is behind her, and yes i should´ve put more depth shadows on Maleficent, i was afraid to be to dark, but shure it would work better.

Thank´s again it really motivates me!!

(05-31-2014, 05:17 AM)Samszym Wrote: [ -> ]Sup dude, really nice amount of work you're putting in here! I'm gonna attempt to come up with some crits for your new piece

I'd say the biggest issue is how much light and contrasting color you have on Aurora, it makes her stand out immediately and she draws the focus of the eye much more than Maleficent. I don't know if you were going for a first read on Aurora then a second read noticing Maleficent in the darkness, or if you wanted Mal to be the focal point and Aurora to be less important, but right not it seems like the story is equally about both characters and I think that makes the image not as engaging. So first crit, pick one character to focus on and design the lighting and contrast around that, not letting anything else in the image draw the viewer's eye as much.

Second crit is your choice of staging, in my opinion there is too much space in this image and not enough focus on the characters. I think it might be stronger if you zoomed in, cropped out all that black on the sides that tells nothing about the story and probably crop out the folds of Maleficent's dress. It's a shame because dress folds can look really amazing, but in this case you have to ask yourself if they're really helping the image and telling the story.

I think the scary mood would be stronger if you went darker with your shadows, on Maleficent for example it seems you were afraid of losing any detail so you made the shadows a midtone instead of a dark, but it would actually be much scarier if her face was thrown into dark shadow and we couldn't see the details of her face very clearly.

As for the colors, if the dress is cropped out and we get rid of that red purple you've got a nice split complementary colro scheme, blue green and yellow green, and you can make maleficent's lips a stunning red that will act s an accent to those colors.

Here's a quick PO where I've ruined all your hard work.
[Image: ENNixhN.jpg]
Hope this helps at all XD

keep killing it dude!
First time i´m in a life drawing session, it was amazing, i want to do it constantly
the red ones are studies from photos, and the last ones are from imagination

[Image: smodelo.jpg]
[Image: hampton2_6_5.jpg]
[Image: sketch040614.jpg]
studies & sketches

[Image: 1hrstudy11062014.jpg]

[Image: enviro11062014.jpg]

[Image: gestures090614.jpg]
[Image: Lesson1_Assignment.jpg]
[Image: plenair1.jpg]
[Image: sketch050614.jpg]
[Image: sketch090614.jpg]
[Image: sketch100614.jpg]
Hellooou!!!
Here´s some line drawings, and some pages from my sketchbook, it won´t last not even a month...

[Image: Alicia_Goes_Wonderland2_Marc_Rosete.jpg]
[Image: gestures160614.jpg]
[Image: sketchbook140614.jpg]
[Image: sketchbook150614.jpg]
[Image: sketchbook160614.jpg]
[Image: sketchbook170614.jpg]
plein air clouds, they move so fast...
some gestures and a quick figure study
[Image: pleinair.jpg][Image: gestures170614.jpg][Image: study160614.jpg]
A couple sketches and some old masters composition studies, those are so perfect...
[Image: Go_T_21.jpg]
[Image: Go_T_22.jpg]
[Image: hampton2_7_1.jpg][Image: hampton2_7_2.jpg][Image: figurestudy.jpg]
That comic; breast bumpin. Love it. <3

Those small gestural drawings are lookin good, looks like you're learnin a lot from them.
You sir, have an awesome sketchbook full of sketches. I especially love those shots of your physical pocket sketchbook full of studies. I admire them! Keep up the awesomeness!
(06-21-2014, 01:46 AM)Dennis Kutsenko Wrote: [ -> ]That comic; breast bumpin. Love it. <3

Those small gestural drawings are lookin good, looks like you're learnin a lot from them.

Yeah!! breast bumpin!! hehe
Thank´s i stop uploading the most of my gestural drawings, i think it was more of the same, maybe i´ll post all of them.

(06-21-2014, 12:28 PM)meat Wrote: [ -> ]You sir, have an awesome sketchbook full of sketches. I especially love those shots of your physical pocket sketchbook full of studies. I admire them! Keep up the awesomeness!

Thank´s a lot!!!
Everywhere i go i carry my sketchbook, it just became part of my life.
Can´t imagine being outside without it.
Also your sketchbook is impressive!! love the traditional paintings you have!!
another naked girl study, some composition analysis from the old masters, the last pages from my pocket sketchbook and a still life of a skull with direct sun light.

[Image: figure230614.jpg][Image: hampton2_7_4.jpg][Image: sketchbook220614.jpg][Image: sketchbook230614.jpg][Image: stilllifeskull.jpg]
Good master studies and analysis there... how are you plein air-ing clouds digitally? Are you using a Companion?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11