Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Darktiste Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-05-2020, 01:24 PM)Jeso Wrote: [ -> ]What happened to the mountain adventurer kid?
I have move on from that project it was an attempt at creating a character that felt like he had a backstory and enough preparatory sketch to be coming together as a final character.It was in essense a fake project to study character design.
Azer
THESE FIRE-INFUSED DWARVES often serve fire giants or fire titans, either out of obedience or devotion. However, some
azers live free and pursue their own goals, for good or evil.

Monster manuel 4th edition

This time i played more around with some armor since i had some time left.
(09-06-2020, 07:47 AM)darktiste Wrote: [ -> ]Azer
THESE FIRE-INFUSED DWARVES

uh, something completely different now. Are you done with animals?
(09-06-2020, 09:19 AM)graphicnovelist Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2020, 07:47 AM)darktiste Wrote: [ -> ]Azer
THESE FIRE-INFUSED DWARVES

uh, something completely different now. Are you done with animals?
Oh no that just my side project on the week end.
Just finish a beak study tried to find beak that had different function to give more sense to my creature design.
I tried to leave no stone unturn to get a wield range of beak with different function with sometime function outside the realm of eating.Thrown in some quick coloring for the most colorful beak.
Nice man! Cool diversity and exploration, looking foward to see the applications from imagination!
Matheus Chastine-Probably not right away as i tend to have limited attention span for repetitive study but i always try to incorporate what i learned previously somehow im personal project.

I did a wing skeletal study.Not much to say about it beside that.I will continue with feather group next.

Edit* Just realize there one bone missing for those who know bird anatomy try to guess it.
Finish adding the primary feather that attach to the bird head there usually 10 of those feather with different shape.Not gonna lie that was a challenge in term of proportion measuring angle and curve intensity.
Just continuing to refine the various feather group this time the secondary feather.
Change a bit the proportion of the body to be more accurate to the reference.
Almost fully done wing.
Full wing
CORONA WING(Bat wing) the biggest change is how long are the finger compare to bird finger+the membrane vs feather.
A semi open wing.I wasn't sure about how the feather look near the arm.The ref i provided wasn't even what i was drawing from so i might have pick up from someone else error will trying to draw this wing.

In conclusion even if it take time i think it worth for believability sake to do some research for real life reference even if it can be hard to find the right photo that you can extrapolate from.
Bird gesture from the book Glenn Vilppu Animal
More gesture.CHICKEN!!!
Quick pelvis study of dinosaur pelvis.
hey man, i have been looking through your sketchbook and the amount of studies is impressive ! I saw in earlier posts that you wanted to lean toward concept art/ character and creature designs ! You've been studying anatomy design very well but i still think you lack some observational skills that would skyrocket your progression ! Draw a lot from life, in public transportation, in cafes, if you're more into animals, go to a zoo, sketch them, paint them, go to the wild, take a look at true horses, spend hours sketching their gesture, the way they walk, run, eat, lay down, play with each others. Photos are cool for studying and deconstructing and really taking your time, but when you have those things under your belt, nothing beats real life experience, it'll shows in your designs ! Keep it up man !
I would agree that Darktiste would learn more from drawing from life, but I'd advise to avoid doing now considering the circumstances especially in places like the zoo and public transportation.

Darktiste, right now I'd advise drawing objects like in your place from life and using perspective and shapes to get the feel and place of where they are. Keep doing gesture stuff, would be nice to see where you are with human anatomy as well.