Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Greetings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Daggers. My name is James, Overthot, or guy who lurks threads.
I've been interested in art and design for the better part of my life. I was fortunate enough to stumble upon Dan and Dave's website.
I've learned a lot in a short amount of time. Mostly, that work ethic pays off.
So I'm hear to share and learn from a good community.
Whaddup James-Overthot-Guy-who-lurks-threads :3

Welcome to the daggers!

It really, really does, believe me.

I look forward to checking out your stuffs! Oh and it's great to hear you're interested in diving into the community!

Enjoy your stay :D
I know I have already commented on your sketchbook, but just thought I'd check in here - say hello properly... "Hello" ...and see how you're doing! So how are you doing?? ~mii
I'm doing well trying to complete studies as time permits. Currently thinking about horizon lines in composition and how that effect my renders. I have a decent grasp of planes so I just need to work on rendering and keeping consisting lighting by referencing my vanishing points.
You've probably see this: http://www.floobynooby.com/ICG/artvalues.html - but there's a section I think it's about half way down something like that of working with composition lines. There's a very good demonstration of composition and light etc (orc piece) ~ I look forward to what you come up with, and hope the link helps :) ~mii