Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Looking for Best Art Mentor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Aaryanh

Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I am very much interested towards arts from my childhood. I'm here because, I found this site www.thebestartcoach.com which claims to have the best art experts. I am thinking of using this site but, I am not sure about the quality of their offerings. Has anyone ever looked into this before? If, you have, please post here their quality of offers and also if you have any other options, please post them here. Thanks in advance.
From what I can see, it's not about learning any skill and the guy himself isn't an artist of any kind.

It's about SELLING yourself and your work in the fine art/gallery world.

...You'd think the website would look alot better.

If you're trying to find websites that teach drawing SKILLS, taught by professional ARTISTS, go to places like Schoolism or CGMA.
Scam. Do not pay for that site. There are too many free videos from Crimson Daggers alone to warrent signing up for that stuff. You're money is better spent on Gnomon and
Massive Black DVDs.

That site focuses on conceptual art, and the art gallery world.
Or Smart school (http://www.smarterartschool.com/) I know plenty of ppl who took their classes and they loved it.
I must say Andrew Loomis books are great and they helped me alot (though I have a loong way ahead of me). First of all they set proper mindset and teach to ask right questions. What's more, they're great reference and it's nice to redraw stuff from them. The other book that really struck me and gave a great insight into how to see the world in order to paint it properly is Light and Color by James Gourney. Watching Proko (http://www.youtube.com/user/ProkoTV) on Youtube is also helpfull and the videos are free.
Books are fine and all, but having someone who can give you advice and critique your work makes you improve way faster. Having someone who can see your work as it improves can help you even more. The problem is finding someone who is actually qualified AND willing to help.