Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Yann's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Sketchin' + more figure

[Image: sketching1_zpsccdc551e.png~original]
[Image: sketching2_zps4909d840.jpg~original]
[Image: posemaniacs4_zps151a4572.jpg~original]
Quick devil portrait

[Image: devil_zps23b971cb.jpg~original]
Wow, a lot of neat stuff. Nice line quality and progression. When it comes to game tiles, try not to abuse blending options in photoshop and use more of your drawing skills. I think you figured out how to do a seamless textures, that's great. :)
Thank a lot Kerm!
About the blending options : I just used them because they're a quick way to do stuff and the amount of stuff to make just felt daunting, but you're right drawing everything is the way to go.

Here are some more game assets

[Image: consumables_zps85fd1ffc.jpg~original]
Today's stuff!

[Image: posemaniacs5_zpsf2c3ff56.jpg~original]

[Image: predator_zps96e9f51d.jpg~original]
hey dude, good work ! I think you should vary your lineweight, and try to feel the form and the light to know where to use light lines and heavy lines, they'll bring your stuff to another level ! keep it up !!
Thanks man!

yeah definitely agree on the lineweight thing, haven't really figured that part out yet, especially with the tablet, needs more WORK!

[Image: practice_zps0ab1c7f3.jpg~original]
study study

[Image: practice2_zps5def8ce3.jpg~original]

[Image: anatomy_zpscb377a8c.jpg~original]
When it comes to blending options you can always set them up, flatten and do some paint overs in the places where they don't look good. It's quite fast and can give you nice effects.
Thanks for the tip Kerm, I think i'll definitely move in that direction, seems like a good compromise compared to starting from scratch!

[Image: portraitstudy_zps0d6b50d2.jpg~original]
portrait from imagination

[Image: imaginationportrait_zpsdc58bd31.jpg~original]
scribble scribble

have to take on a personal piece sometime soon but I feel I haven't studied enough

[Image: practice3_zpsac8aae09.jpg~original]
[Image: RodrigoBorgia2_zpsf0727408.jpg~original]
Here's a little warrior dude, trying to add some depth

[Image: coldwarriorresize_zps197bace0.jpg~original]
Stuff, with a little bit of study stuff and painting stuff, y'know, the usual

[Image: sketching8_zpsd9e382bf.jpg~original]
[Image: sketching9_zpsd5d09d47.jpg~original]
[Image: SwordDancer_zpsa8b629c4.jpg~original]
Sup Daggers,

Little update, thought i'd try a master study for a change, should do that more often, also some neck anatomy/trying to improve my line value.

so here goes

[Image: neck1_zps9c3e1c6e.jpg~original]

[Image: courbetmasterstudy_zpsa332e7c0.jpg~original]
nice master study ! keep it up !
Thanks Kikin!

and thanks again for your previous post about lineweight, still trying to work on it as you suggested but for some reason I'm having trouble with it, I guess it'll come with time.

Anyway here's some more stuff, anatomy from photo ref and then from imagination, and a still life (yes i bought the candle just for that, these things are not cheap! the lavender scent is nice though.)

[Image: anatomy2_zps572f6ad2.jpg~original]

[Image: mannikin_zps08be2471.jpg~original]
Really great stuff. Got one question. Are those hands and figures an "overdraw" on a new layer or you keep your line clean from the beginning? If it's the second I really envy you. :)
When it comes to candles - ikea has cheap ones. They have ones for like 1 euro or something like that.
Hey man, damn you're really killing it~!
So much improvement since I last checked in. That master study is... <3

Your digital lines are beautiful!

Keep up the hard work!
Kerm : Thanks man! some are overdraws when the construction is too messy, but I'm trying to stay away from that. The next one ( the torsos) none of them are overdraws, but I use the eraser heavily, sometimes step backward. Also I try to keep the construction very very light so I don't get lost.

And thanks for the IKEA tip, the danger there though is I might leave with more than candles :)

smrrfette : Thanks so much! Your kind words mean a lot to me, and I'm very happy if I can offer you a sight you like from time to time! I'll definitely keep at it!

[Image: anatomy3_zpsdfdab7c6.jpg~original]
Pages: 1 2 3 4