Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Painting/drawing noses - techniques?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is your technique for painting/drawing noses? I know there are Loomis books and Proko yt channel where you can learn this. They're all great. The construction shown there is really helpful. But if you draw a small face, there's just no place for such thing. Do you have any advices how to give a character a good looking nose when you just don't have a "resolution" for drawing in construction planes etc? What is important and what is just a detail and should be overlooked? Any answer really appreciated!
i usually go for stylization, if the size of the drawing is small, then you dont really need to draw all the structure, just draw a couple of lines to insinuate the form of the nose.
I also just hint the nose with a few lines and dots for the nostrils - which lines always depends on the angle and lighting of the face. I'd suggest you best browse through some sketchbooks and look at how different people draw the noses in their smaller drawings to see the possibilities :)
[attachment=35202]
Now the thing about drawing Mose- Ahem noses, is that its a 3d object and 3d objects are best brought forward in statues, try to wireframe(draw lines across a picture of a person indicating shape and form) a persons face and the nose.

Also for nose in small detail you should draw the bottom lines. Perhaps Dave's latest livestreams may be of use http://www.livestream.com/fuckinartwithmrdelicious
Check the starveil ones.
Wow, thank you all!