Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Skin practice by algenpfleger CA - what's the rules?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently viewed old sketchbooks from CA and I found in algenpfleger sketchbook those skin studies:

( PICTURES BELONGS TO algenpfleger )
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=324672&d=1205442930]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=322149&d=1205181787]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=321418&d=1205096856]

He refers to Linda (linda bergkvist?) but linda's webpage does not work and I can't find anything more specific, how and why? Does anybody know anything more about this? Looks interesting :)
I think he's just dicking around with those limbs for fun :) Plus it seems to be great practice in terms of lighting the flesh.
There are no "rules". He simply tried to find out what makes things look realistic. How it works in Linda's paintings. How does light make the form 3D, and how would it look with such and such color scheme? etc.

But that's just my guess. If you really want to know his thoughts behind those exercises, why don't you go ask him directly, he doesn't bite :)
I'd guess he wanted to focus on the shaping and lighting of the bent joint without drawing a whole new limb every time :)
Linda Berkvist is one of the first names i remember back in highschool. It was back in the days of Expose' and Exotique 1 or 2, one of the first artists to get published in those if i remember correctly.
Nowadays you can see some of her work here http://enayla.deviantart.com/

I think what Hannes was going for here is a simple way of studying skin / volumes in their own right, not worrying about proportions or anything else. I've done this too, i say go for it!
(10-17-2013, 09:47 PM)Maidith Wrote: [ -> ]If you really want to know his thoughts behind those exercises, why don't you go ask him directly, he doesn't bite :)

i can't create an account on CA since few months, when last hacking happened. I don't know why, I thought it's almost dead. The page just crash whenever i try to register :/
(10-18-2013, 11:50 PM)Madzia Wrote: [ -> ]i can't create an account on CA since few months, when last hacking happened. I don't know why, I thought it's almost dead. The page just crash whenever i try to register :/
Mmm, you could try and contact him through sending a note on dA.
He responds quickly from what I remember. :)
Its just a study to render the form i presume.. trying to study how light behaves on a tridimensional object, and variations on overlapping.
or you can try to message him on his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/algenpflegerdesu