Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Sci Fi 1001 Arabian Nights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heyho everyone,
was browsing my old files when i found something i wanted to work on further, currently everything is still quite early and in the conceptual phase.
Currently my biggest problem is the image size / proportions ( at the moment it is 2:1) dunno whether or not that is a good choice.
Besides that I'm quite happy with the composition and color sheme i want to go for, but maybe you see some space for improvements?

[attachment=36568]

Since i have no clue how attachments work I quickly uploaded the file to my deviantart account and use the link from there.

Edit1: okay now the attachment works, I just did not show up in the preview window :P
I wish i had more time to work on this so just some small fixes in composition, scalling and the start of cleaning duty :(

[attachment=36695]
bamp :( need some input guys, are the values okay, how to draw a rhino-antro character from behind i just find references and shots of rhinos in profile or from the front.

[attachment=36945]
Hey there!

this is the first time I try any kind of crit so I hope this makes any sense!

composition : try to place points of interest using the rule of thirds, here for instance I placed the orb thing on top of the tower in the distance on one and the rhino guy's eye on another. You could also use that little "hologram".

I think it also helps to center him a bit because he was very friendly with that edge of the screen :)

[Image: rhino_zps087beaa6.jpg~original]

As far as ref goes, you'r not always going to find the perfect shot, so I'd suggest using a muscular human for the shapes and then looking at Rhino head and skin and trying to make the connections.

If needed you could also look at Rhino from spider man, I know there are very realistic renderings of him out there. Besides him there are the Judoon race in Doctor Who, there is Rocksteady from TMNT, again you will not find exactly what you're looking for but it could help :)

[Image: Untitled-4_zps390140c6.jpg~original]
[Image: 6780298104_12428e96c1_zpsd0f02d9e.jpg~original]

Hope that helps a bit!
(11-11-2013, 02:55 PM)Yann.F Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there!

this is the first time I try any kind of crit so I hope this makes any sense!

composition : try to place points of interest using the rule of thirds, here for instance I placed the orb thing on top of the tower in the distance on one and the rhino guy's eye on another. You could also use that little "hologram".

I think it also helps to center him a bit because he was very friendly with that edge of the screen :)

As far as ref goes, you'r not always going to find the perfect shot, so I'd suggest using a muscular human for the shapes and then looking at Rhino head and skin and trying to make the connections.

If needed you could also look at Rhino from spider man, I know there are very realistic renderings of him out there. Besides him there are the Judoon race in Doctor Who, there is Rocksteady from TMNT, again you will not find exactly what you're looking for but it could help :)

Hope that helps a bit!

Awesome ! thanks a lot for sharing your insight :)
I'll try to find a way to set the sphere in the center of attention. the reason why the rhino is so small is because the architecture is supposed to be huge and somewhat intimidating. the rhino and the hologram looking at the sphere in the distance showing some kind of journey that they are going to have.
anyways thank you very much !