Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Boobs'n raptor WIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya daggers,
long time since my last post Blushing

So I'm doing this piece for personal practice and fun.

I just wanted to draw a girl on a raptor, (boobs and raptors, best painting subjects ever, I'm sure we'll all agree...), so the composition of the image is not of the utmost research... I spent something like ten minutes on the comp before going on with that and not trying to do something a little more narrative... Maybe next time.

As the titles says, that's a wip, I planned the basics values and shadows on the characters, as some quick values on the back and foreground... I don't even have a definite colors scheme in mind yet, something like sunset on the jungle, warm colors from the sun coming from the right, cool blue/greenish colors on the left... But I'll try to have a general atmosphere on the piece....

Any C&C welcomed. I'll keep posting here with my advance on the piece, (hopefully Tongue )

[attachment=37787]
Looks pretty kewwwl. Is she going to be holding something up in her left hand?
Oh yeah, she'll be holding a spear in the left hand.
Okaaaaaaaaaay, after like 6 freaking mounths not touching this, I took time and finished it!!! Bomb

Painting a full-blown illustration from self's mind is hard as hell, lemme tell ya! Shock

[Image: XYVQbgL.jpg]

So yeah, a ton of stuff I'm not too happy with this, but I'm at a point where I think I should call it done and start some new works.
Edge control, brush work, values, colors, hell that's a lot of hard stuff... I had in mind that "golden hour" feeling but it turns out it's ultra hard to paint. I didn't push enough the golden light effect, I believe.

But yeah. Move on, do some new work! Wisecracker

C&C welcome, of course!