Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: My little sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey my name is Alexander I´m from austria and 18 years old
I´m going to try to upload studys/Illustrations/concepts etc. on a regular basis.

advice, tipps and critique is appreciated :)

[Image: cute_guy_by_sir_lex-d6v6bjq.jpg]

[Image: sketchbook_by_sir_lex-d6uyuyi.jpg]

[Image: 3___paintings_by_sir_lex-d6u32n4.jpg]
Hey and welcome sir-lex! Interesting looking works, i especially like the way you render skin! Mind telling me how you got the sharper edges into the female body? :)
of course i will tell you :)

When a form ends you just let it sharp on the edge.

[Image: j7la.jpg]

I hope that helped you.

(sry for bad english)
Duh, quite simple! Ill try that in my next studies, thank you! Keep posting, looking forward to seeing more :)
Woah, love the creepy monster faces. ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
@ Hypnagogic_Haze, thank you :D

update,
Just 2 pictures what I did today.

[Image: vs27.jpg]
Study

__

[Image: zql6.jpg]
Playing around with different forms. (omg the lips/eyes are so horrible)
[Image: qgpv.jpg]

[Image: bh7m.jpg]

little update
Hey! thanks for stopping by my SB, Sir Lex.

I'm really pleased with what I'm seeing here. You've got some nice and fundamentally powerful work. I can tell you're going to do fine here, and I don't see any real problems at this point.

Keep up the good stuff! I'll be on the look out for updates.
@Einver,
Thank you :D
I really appreciate it :)

uhhh... i´m actually a bit proud of this painting xD
[Image: guardian_of_the_woods_by_sir_lex-d6wy2qc.jpg]
The monster designs are quite creepy, XD I like it, really solid start to this sketchbook, small crit is that the crop of a couple of your paintings are kind of weird, chopping off the hand right near the fingers, almost as if you are avoiding painting the fingers, which if so I understand as hands are not easy to paint well, and if you're doing by accident, maybe in future paintings you can look out for it and make sure the crop shows all majors elements fully.
I´m sorry for not uploading anything in december but I went through a horrible artblock Sad

@Egbu, thanks and yes i´m lazy. My hands look always horrible so I didn't drew or showed them here.

Sooo... This is what i did today, still horrible but at least i feel a bit better :) (just studys)

I did them on a paintchat called "Nikos Paintchat". That is the reason why the paintings are so small.
[Image: 0n8m.jpg]
[Image: j7bz.jpg]
[Image: vzww.jpg]

Oh! AND HAPPY NEW YEAR :D
Really nice start, man. I'm liking the smoothness to your stuff, you've definitely got that blending technique down. Those pencils of yours are kick ass also.

If I could offer one thing of advice, it'd be to try and go over where you use the soft brush with something else to cover up the fact that you soft brushed, smudged, or whatever technique you use to blend. It's just too apparent at the moment. Other than that your stuff is looking nice, sir!
@Archreux, thanks for the crit. :)

and again... paintchat sketches. Oh man this is addicting, I think I´m gonna quit painting on paintchats because i dont really try to learn something when im on a paintchat :(

[Image: cm3o.jpg]

[Image: 7zca.jpg]

Tuan

heya, just drop by to say, that your edges are improving (in your first post they its much too fuzzy all over). They should match up to the edges in your traditional work. Keep it up!
Man, you have an absolutely wonderful sense of structure! Keep it up ;D

I'd love to see some more colour applied to your work... but you know where it's at - value beats colour in the end ;)

Looking forward to more of yer stuffs!
@Tuan, thank man :)

@smrrfette, Thank you and yeah, I sould try to use more colors.

__
ok, I did a painting that I kinda like but sadly...no color xD
I even did a little process thingy ^-^

[Image: process_by_sir_lex-d710tb0.jpg]
[Image: alien_illu_by_sir_lex-d710tqh.jpg]
Jo! I learned some new things :)

Just sketches, I´m gonna start with the shroom dude here

[Image: 91bu.jpg]

[Image: 8s6g.jpg]

[Image: xxgm.jpg]

[Image: 3gxv.jpg]
Heh, you surely do like creepy-eyed creatures, do you? ;) I love the creative feeling that is present in all your posts.

The pencil work is really beautiful, especially those in your first post... I'd love to see more like that!

Try to not hide things you don't like to paint/draw, like fingers... it may be quite a struggle, but in the end you will be glad if you practiced them along the way. I know how tempting it is to just avoid hands and the like.. :/

Keep it up :)
@Lyraina, Thank you :) Im soon going to upload more pencil drawings.
_

Ok, I swear to God in the next post I´m are going to upload studys and not just ugly alien creatures xD
I did a painting (Creepy creature again) that i wanted to show. Its just a headshot/portrait that i really like.

[Image: another_alien_bro_by_sir_lex-d71mm0s.jpg]
Nice values and focus with that strong light source.

...what about a pretty AND creepy alien creature for a change? :>
Pages: 1 2