Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Celarx: Crashing and Burning - Failing and Learning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heyho everyone!
I will try to upload here as often as possible, I was not to sure about the thread i created in seeking critique therefore this here will probably better suited for all the wip's and studies (I hope)

Anyways today nothing fancy. Just tried for the first time figure drawing again, first 75sec timer( where i failed horrible) and then 90 secs. trying to pick up the pace again.

[attachment=38377]

[attachment=38378]
did some figure drawing again and i feel like i'm getting slower and worse since i need to use construction lilnes again :(
in addition i started to contribute to this speedpainting facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1402563099961950/
[attachment=38602]
So a figure drawing from yesterday
[attachment=38842]
and something i did for the spit paint group on facebook, but i completly fucked up the timing and so i wouldn't call it a speedpainting anymore.
[attachment=38843]
Hi nice start don't forget to plan something to learn avoid the just to study study if you know what i mean.
Like one day it can be the whole body gesture study a other day it can be the hand gesture one other day it can be foreshortening gesture study
So, a new year, a new semester in university and survived christmas all in all a month well spent.
But i slacked off some of my artwork and studies.

Still have to finish this one
[attachment=40790]
also finished this,early this morning
[attachment=40793]
and realise that i have many many drawings started but never finished ...
if there is one thing i need to change is that attitude.
So one of these 2 paintings got me banned from daily spit paint group: behold the high quality of an absolut beginner :D
[attachment=41551]
[attachment=41552]
continuing to do speedpaintings and practicing :)
[attachment=41882]
[attachment=41881]
So here's a bunsh of the past few days
[attachment=42285]
[attachment=42286]
[attachment=42287]

in addition i try now to use the "one of 10,000" approach, meaning that once i've drawn 10,000 of something i should be able to consider it as mastered,... well since the journey starts here i am looking forward for the 100th drawing because currently it's not looking to good hehehe :D [attachment=42288]
[attachment=42289]
due to family celebrations there was not much time to draw in the last 2 weeks.
So here just the highlights :/
[attachment=43699]
[attachment=43700]
[attachment=43701]
[attachment=43702]
Still Work in Progress as you can see
[attachment=43703]
spent way to much time on this drawing :(
something i learned doing this:
- even when "just doing something for fun" take your time and sketsh out the image WITH the background
- study faces
- study feet

I like how the skin, glas and hair turned out
another practice turned into illustration :/
any crits? is it too dark? D:
Full res is @ deviantart : http://celarx.deviantart.com/art/Flooded...-436957621 I did not want to upload it in fullres here since i do not know if there are any traffic limitations or limitations of any sort that i have to keep in mind.

[attachment=44950]
good one with Rainbow dash :D Avoid shading skin with black color, the easiest way is to change the sketch lines to saturated brown/dark red color. I can imagine that because you did black sketch first, later you picked color of black line and mixed it to skin.
need to find time to finish this eventually....
[attachment=48348]
Full Resolution over at
http://celarx.deviantart.com/art/The-Way-Home-450976782
anyways I'd like some critique, well seeing how long it took i assume speed is my #1 concern :)
Thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me out :)
[attachment=49080]
Stream Request of an image of Raven
Tried out doing a portrait, constructed it from what i've learned from the loomis books so far and used a refernce, still much to learn until i can do it from out of my mind.
[attachment=49898]
Jesus Christ university and work are eating all my time i feel like a drowning man gasping for air whenever he breaches the surface.
Finally was able to finish another image:
[attachment=55830]
Pretty strong anatomy knowledge! You might want to give some more time to her face on the last one - most the image is close to finished, but I'd spend another couple of hours on her face, especially her eyes.
Pages: 1 2