Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: New guy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone :) finally decided to start posting here. My name is Aaron, I'm eighteen and have been drawing seriously for about 8 months now alongside school. Now that I'm done with school I am going balls out with art and am giving the next year to studying everyday (that is if my parents don't kick my out in the meantime. They really want me to go to college and it's hard to explain that art is something serious and that I can motivate myself to practice everyday and actually go somewhere with it).

I'll pull together everything I've done recently and start my sketchbook later today, I will post very regularly, see you there :)
It better be someone you like then someone they want you to be.You only live once -.- lol i said it hope you find the right word to make them support you and if you put enought effort your the only one who will be truly rewarded you can still learn art with a school but i would recommend you to be your own teacher because not only does it teach you discipline it can make feel proud of yourself.The trap with school is that it can be missleading to what you truly want to do and it can turn into a moneytrap afterward you need to feel that it your deeper path.Dont forget that life will change you wont be with your parent for ever so you have 3 choose in my eye

1.you can choose that art will wait for a other moment you can still enjoy it as a hobby.There is a lot of domain that can be study and prove to be really valuable to a art career later on.

2.you can continue to do what you like and prove by your action that it what you want to do but accept the fact that it can bring instability.

3.you can try to argue that it what is good for you(this is a hard one espacially if they think they know what better for you dont forget it what you feel that count at the end.) One way i would try to argue with them is by presenting someone who is a sucessful artist or a expert teacher someone they can trust to be a reference as a model or to invite them to visit the program you want to be part of.

your consider as a adult(in many country) it time to make your own life choose
Thanks for the reply man. Yeah, at this point I think I've spent enough time with it already to get a glimpse of what it would be like to do this everyday (for the last 8 months that's pretty much been the case). I thought of what my 'dream job' would be and this is it. I've also experienced what it's like to work a shit job (janitor at a grocery store) and it's depressing and leads no where.. Hopefully I can convince my parents to come around but in the end I don't think that will factor in to it enough to change my mind. I'm definitely moving foreword with this. (oh and I'm terrible at school so that's not really an option)
Welcome to Daggers! Sounds like you really know what you want, which is a great thing to figure out at your age. Just stay focused and get rid of unnecessary distractions in your life. Looking forward to seeing you improve as an artist :D