Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: "Sanguinary Whim"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As always, comments and critiques are always welcome!

[Image: Sanguinary-Whim_CamilleSwift_WM.jpg]

[Image: Sanguinary-Whim__Detail_1.JPG]

[Image: Sanguinary-Whim__Detail_2.JPG]
Heya. So first of all the rendering on the figure is really really great. I mean look at that hand and those feet ohmahgawdlordjeezus. Also great work on getting the materials right.

I only have to crits:
1. I think the head is slightly to small and considering the lighting the area under his chin/jaw would cast a darker shadow.

2. The background: The figure is just standin in red(!) nothingness. You probably concentrated on the figure and then added what would kinda count as a backdrop but it really actually harms your wonderful rendering by being in the same colour as the most signifcant eyecatcher of your figure: the red cloak. You want your figure to stand out and shine.

So if you are not interested in putting the figure into a setting I would atleast advise to change the colour of the background.
Thanks! I'll have to have a second look at the head size and greats point about the neck shadowing and the backdrop, for sure! Much appreciated. :)
OK, so now...with revisions. Thanks for the feedback!!!

[Image: Sanguinary-Whim_v2_CSwift_wm.jpg]

[Image: SanguinaryWhim_detail_CSwift.JPG]