Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Danny's crappy book of sketches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cool perspective and anatomy practice man, keep it up
(03-06-2014, 11:49 AM)will123will Wrote: [ -> ]Cool perspective and anatomy practice man, keep it up

The perspective stuff is tough but I find it's one of those things where you can really feel yourself getting more and more confident with it. Thanks for the kind words!

studying armour because I can't draw any for the life of me
[attachment=45472]

from memory :D
[attachment=45473]

[attachment=45474]

why
[attachment=45475]

going to add some pencil sketches in a minute
Definitely some improvements on the last 2 pages, I was going to say you were trying too hard on that head pose (facing upwards) as that is one hard one to do, but lately you've been doing simpler ones.

Keep it simple and with the worflow you have you are set!
(03-10-2014, 01:40 AM)rafa zanchetin Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely some improvements on the last 2 pages, I was going to say you were trying too hard on that head pose (facing upwards) as that is one hard one to do, but lately you've been doing simpler ones.

Keep it simple and with the worflow you have you are set!

Yeah I've been trying to force that angle for a while. I need to study that area soon. Thanks for the kind words!

haven't been uploading due to life crisis <3

[attachment=45767]
[attachment=45766]
[attachment=45765]
[attachment=45768]
[attachment=45769]
Dark souls 2 is out...and I haven't even brought it. Dedication baby! That will take all my time away D: I already procrastinate enough :D

[attachment=45828]
[attachment=45829]
[attachment=45830]
[attachment=45831]
from ref
[attachment=45832]
DON'T BUY IT KEEP PUSHING!!! <3
(03-12-2014, 11:38 AM)Fedodika Wrote: [ -> ]DON'T BUY IT KEEP PUSHING!!! <3

I shall continue! Faster, stronger and better! Or something.

Where can I go and draw with other people? The crimson dagger hangout thing is always empty! D:

[attachment=45954]
[attachment=45955]
[attachment=45956]
[attachment=45957]
[attachment=45958]
[attachment=45959]
[attachment=45960]
you could listen to dan warren and dave rapoza's old streams and the stuff on their YT channels, those always gave me a sense of comradery..

We picked the worst time to get into art all the golden boys stuff and excitement of like 2011-2012 is over :(

All we have left are fragments of their success and energy

the belly on that girl you did is looking good, heres a tip from me, take the higher value on her tummy and bump it just a little more up, then place it around the rim of her naval to include the curve for her left abdominal to show the fo... oh just keep studying!
(03-14-2014, 11:33 AM)Fedodika Wrote: [ -> ]you could listen to dan warren and dave rapoza's old streams and the stuff on their YT channels, those always gave me a sense of comradery..

We picked the worst time to get into art all the golden boys stuff and excitement of like 2011-2012 is over :(

All we have left are fragments of their success and energy

the belly on that girl you did is looking good, heres a tip from me, take the higher value on her tummy and bump it just a little more up, then place it around the rim of her naval to include the curve for her left abdominal to show the fo... oh just keep studying!

I know right?! I think about that now and again. Really sucks man. I used to go through their livestreams and it's so cool to see everyone just trying to better themselves. There's the Level up! group but I want to focus on learning fundamentals, photo bashing can come later and whatnot. Very nice group though.

I know what you mean with her stomach. I normally try to create that separation between the up bit and when it starts to go down just past the belly button, if that makes any sense. But I got really lazy with it D:

[attachment=46066]
[attachment=46067]
[attachment=46068]
danny, your sketchbook is not crappy; as an old teacher once told me, "you don't suck at guitar until you quit!"
(03-17-2014, 09:41 AM)Fedodika Wrote: [ -> ]danny, your sketchbook is not crappy; as an old teacher once told me, "you don't suck at guitar until you quit!"

Thanks man C: That's what I try to tell myself. If I give up then I would of never let the chance to succeed arise. EVEN IF I'M FINDING LANDSCAPES REALLY HARD RIGHT NOW >:l

After reading your comment I looked up some motivational videos on youtube. I came across this and it really got me because I'm such a pansy. I'm feeling motivated right now so I'm going to stay up for a while to work on my landscaping abilities :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmpW204X-C0

[attachment=46273]
[attachment=46274]
[attachment=46275]
[attachment=46276]
[attachment=46277]
haha cool one! i shared this one with smrrfette a while back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45mMioJ5szc

i was cheerin her on but maybe i did too much she hurt her arm :/

sometimes i feel like i'm the only person who looks through this sb :O
(03-18-2014, 11:06 AM)Fedodika Wrote: [ -> ]haha cool one! i shared this one with smrrfette a while back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45mMioJ5szc

i was cheerin her on but maybe i did too much she hurt her arm :/

sometimes i feel like i'm the only person who looks through this sb :O

Ahh yes I've seen that one! I was on a motivational youtube marathon! I don't know though man, they do get me all pumped and in high spirits. Can't watch too many though because they stop having an effect. I'm saving the good ones for especial occasions. What am I even doing.

[attachment=46347]
[attachment=46348]
[attachment=46349]

did some more work on it
[attachment=46350]
loving doing some environments!

[attachment=46431]
[attachment=46432]

master stud
[attachment=46433]
holy smoke! you are improving...no... evolving to the next step man! My fav is the castle wip in post 118. delicious forms and colors. Keep it up danny.
(03-21-2014, 07:25 PM)constructicon Wrote: [ -> ]holy smoke! you are improving...no... evolving to the next step man! My fav is the castle wip in post 118. delicious forms and colors. Keep it up danny.

Hahaha thanks man! The castle was fun and challenging to paint :D

[attachment=46549]
[attachment=46550]

This is what happens when you leave me to my own devices. THIS WHAT HAPPENS PEOPLE, EMBRACE IT!
[attachment=46551]
how terrifying
Watching toy reviews and drawing sums up a friday, saturday and sunday night for me!

changed a few small things on some past paintings and then tried my hand at adding a character with foreshortening into a scene with correct perspective. I failed, I need to learn how to foreshorten 0.0

[attachment=46617]
[attachment=46618]
[attachment=46619]
[attachment=46620]

Working on this majin buu fan art! I can't wait to draw his stupid big pink cheeks! ugghh
[attachment=46621]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9