Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: TimVithor's Sketchbook [NSFW]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I'm here to become a better artist. I will post studies and works and would be very happy to hear your comments.

The figure studies are from Senshi Stock and MrJanus. And there's an incomplete study of a Blade Runner still.
Hello!

Today's updates:
Senshi stock figure studies;
Anatomy studies;
Imaginative figure studies;
Material study;
Color ans composition studies of Indiana Jones;

Feel free to comment.
:)
Welcome! :)

Nice studies. I think you could be a bit more daring with saturation - look how reddish the border of the shadow is in the image with the orange, for example. For simple still lifes like this I suggest doing them from life anyway - photographs always eat away some of the subtle colors...

Oh, and don't forget to also apply your studies with some imagination work! Keep it up :)
(12-28-2013, 06:54 AM)Lyraina Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome! :)

Nice studies. I think you could be a bit more daring with saturation - look how reddish the border of the shadow is in the image with the orange, for example. For simple still lifes like this I suggest doing them from life anyway - photographs always eat away some of the subtle colors...

Oh, and don't forget to also apply your studies with some imagination work! Keep it up :)

Thanks for the feedback Lyraina!

You are right about the colors. And I'll do some imaginative studies soon.

More figure studies. I'll do more imaginative studies soon.

Feel free to comment.
Hello!

Christy mack portrait study. Sorry Christy.
[attachment=40128]

Olivia Munn study
[attachment=40130]

Some oranges from the real world.
[attachment=40129]

And a incomplete ilustration. I won't complete since I realized that I don't like the composition, the colors and need more studies for the face.
[attachment=40131]

Feel free to comment!
Hello!

A skull study to get better with faces:
[attachment=40246]

A portrait of Mojo Jojo (still in progress)
[attachment=40247]

Feel free to critique and comment.
Hello!

A "Rise of the planet of the apes" study:
[attachment=40355]

And the final illustration of Mojo Jojo:
[attachment=40356]

Feel free to critique
I've been studying a lot of environments lately. Here are some of the studies.

A crappy landscape:
[attachment=41002]

Some Thumbs:
[attachment=41001]

Perspective studies:
[attachment=40998]

And a finalized landscape:
[attachment=41004]

And a study of a skull:
[attachment=41003]

I would be very happy to hear your comments and crits.
More environment studies. Don't like most of them. It took about 4h.
[attachment=41139]
[attachment=41140]

I would be very happy to hear your comments and crits.
Some great studies in here! Keep doing those value environment thumbnails, they will pay off in the end. In the colored thumbs you could push the contrast/value range a bit more I think, and/or add some foreground elements as well, to add a bit more depth. Similar to what you did in the value thumbs. I like the tree one, the clouds are cool :)

The landscape in #10 is nice.. I would not want to fall off that bridge for sure. o_o The blue cave viewing towards some houses on the hill is also cool, nice way to frame the image.

The skull studies are good! If you want to to improve on faces, I suggest you also do some studies on the planes of the head. That helps a lot with getting unterstanding the structure and being able to draw it from mind later on, and is slightly easier to put to use than skull studies (in my opinion).

Keep rocking!
Thanks for the feedback Lyraina! I apreciate your tips on environments and I will definetly try some studies of the face planes soon. :)

I've made more thumbs today:
[attachment=41387]

This was inspired in a thumb that I've made another day. I tried to finalize it but in the end it doesn't look like the result would pay off, so I gave up.
[attachment=41388]
Ok. I'm really pissed with environments. I don't know if these studies are being really useful. I'll take some days off until I figure a better way to get good with them. I will study different subjects for now.

Some thumbs
[attachment=41484]

And a environment pic that I will not finalize.
[attachment=41483]
Awesome sketchbook! Great choice to study lighting of Indiana Jones, they have a lot of good lightings in their shots.
Thanks Meat! I think that studies of movie stills are a great way to learn about composition, colors and lighting.

Here are some recent studies:

Some face planes studies:
[attachment=41876]

A unfinished portrait of a girl:
[attachment=41875]

And some 3d studies of the face (just to better understand the face in 3D):
[attachment=41874]
Portrait Study
[attachment=43150]

and the steps of a dude for a skilshare class of Denis Zilber:
[attachment=43151]
More studies!