Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Bloodsport 5: Princess Mononoke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ben

Here are my shitty comp thumbnails, studies and final sketch. probably will post more wips
[Image: wipjb.jpg]
By bent1o at 2012-02-09

[Image: compfinal.jpg]
By bent1o at 2012-02-09
some wips
[Image: 25479789.jpg]
By bent1o at 2012-02-09
[Image: 37581080.jpg]
By bent1o at 2012-02-09
[Image: 32431904.jpg]
By bent1o at 2012-02-09
[Image: 86796612.jpg]
By bent1o at 2012-02-09

Tooth

This is cool, I wanna watch this movie :) But 2014 is too far away to peek my interest!

Ben

(02-10-2012, 12:22 AM)Tooth Wrote: [ -> ]This is cool, I wanna watch this movie :) But 2014 is too far away to peek my interest!

Baha thanks man!
This is awesome how did you do the lighting in the back?

tempest-haze

Great composition, colors, and just overall rendering! Maybe it's just me, but she looks a bit cross-eyed? I also think it would add a lot to your piece to apply some more texture to her skirt like you did so beautifully on her shirt. Right now it seems a bit plastic-like. Otherwise, really nice work!!

Ashley Riot

I like the composition with the swirling leaves alot, I feel like the pose is strong too. The only thing that gets me is the expression, I think you had a really good thing going until you decided to bare her teeth, the mouth grit doesn't seem to fit the pose. Seems like if she were making an expression that feral she would be bent over more, ready to strike. That's just my two cents :)

Ben

(02-10-2012, 08:02 AM)tempest-haze Wrote: [ -> ]Great composition, colors, and just overall rendering! Maybe it's just me, but she looks a bit cross-eyed? I also think it would add a lot to your piece to apply some more texture to her skirt like you did so beautifully on her shirt. Right now it seems a bit plastic-like. Otherwise, really nice work!!

Thank you! I really appreciate the crit. I will go over her skirt again and take a look at those eyes.

@ Cricketts The lighting is just the soft round brush using white. Then I take blue and go over the top of the image around where the light spills over and set the layer to screen to give it a little glow.

@Ashley Riot- Thank you I really appreciate it. I keep thinking the same thing when I look at it. Like she would be in more of a wolf like pose lower to the ground. i wanted her to look a little more angr but its not working. I'm going to give it another go before the deadline!

Ben

This is where I am right now
[Image: 14332366.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tooth

This is looking super sweet, working much better with the blue flare turned down a bit, she looks mean, you got her perfectly.

Ben

(02-11-2012, 12:07 AM)Tooth Wrote: [ -> ]This is looking super sweet, working much better with the blue flare turned down a bit, she looks mean, you got her perfectly.

Thanks man! Yeah that blue was a little too intense.

Ben

Here is the final

[Image: 82023719.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us