Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Critique / Paint over request =)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, looking for your brutal opinions here. give it all you've got. What makes you hate this painting? lol

please feel free to paint over if you feel like it. I really need all the help I can get. Also how do you guys push your costume design?

[Image: fairy+vamp.jpg]

Thanks!
I have zero idea what's going on.

I'm gonna guess it's the future, there's a couple out in a field, and the woman is a fairy...vampire (that's out in the sun, apparently)? Maybe the dude is captive, or just unaware that he's gonna get eaten?

Can you please explain it some?

I'll point out the obvious leaf brushes. There's nothing wrong with pattern brushes, but they shouldn't be obvious for illustrations like this.
Lighting feels very fake, you should do some still lives under a sharp light to get a sense of form and lighting. Anatomy is not quite there either, study more Loomis. Also Composition is bad, there are multiple competing focal points. Feng Zhu can help with that. I think one of his first videos in youtube explains composition very well.

Other than that I can see that you have put great dedication in your work, but keep practicing the fundamentals.