Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: cynnex's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello peeps,

Merwyn here. I'm currently a 3d game art student but I'd like to broaden my horizon in the 2d realm as well. I'm still a novice when it comes to drawing having only been at it for a year and a bit and I'm eager to improve my skills.

I'll be posting as often as I can (preferably everyday) and I'm always open to critiques and suggestions.

Cheers all
Merwyn

[attachment=43520]
[attachment=43521]
[attachment=43522]
[attachment=43523]
[attachment=43523]
1-point perspective environment study

[attachment=43655]
some stuff for a current class project

[attachment=44572]
[attachment=44573]
some still life objects
Nice start to your SB! One thing I noticed is that some of your still life objects dont seem to have a common vanishing point. Like the boot in the top left of that last post for example. The toe end of the boot seems to be going towards a different vanishing point than the heel. Sorry if you already noticed this and just didnt bother to fix it. :) The coffee machine looks perfect though. You've got all the lines going to one vanishing point and you've even considered the eye level of the viewer. Keep it up!
hey thanks! Yeah, some of it i found a little hard to read and translate.

Some more still life's from yesterday that I didn't get a chance to post.

[attachment=45034]

[attachment=45033]
some of today's architectural studies

[attachment=45049]

[attachment=45047]
been occupied with class projects these past two week. finally managed to break some painting in today.

[attachment=45964]

[attachment=45966]