Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Behind the Scenes - Fake card illustration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here again!

Like last time, for stupid fun I occasionally make fake card illustrations involving my stupid personal project. It's very fun, I have to say. Basically I just choose a character or (planned) plot point and make a card out of it.

About a year ago I did two other ones, but I thought I'd try out a new one. I chose something easy; all supporting characters here. A government agent hitman detective (the callous and aloof Django, named after musician Django Reinhardt) on the trail of the three lowly thieves that accidentally instigate the main plot.

The image size was made to exactly fit a card template I've already made. It's a very fun time waster skill builder.

[Image: tumblr_n1buswn0qJ1s6dh1ho1_1280.jpg]

Here's the final result. It'd be nice to get critique of the template as well.

[Image: dja3-1.png]
[attachment=44682]

Yo, it was fun chatting tonight!
Thanks again, you two. It was great hearing you give me input on how to make my composition have the three instigators more prominent in the image.

I very much appreciate the effort you both took in critiquing the illustration and the card design. I'm definitely going to pick up that book and look for some graphic design forums.

I do apologize for the fact that I didn't really didn't explain much, and that's my fault.

Thanks again.