Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Glaurung: Father of Dragons, and his orc host.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Glaurung: Father of Dragons, and his orc host.
It's FINALLY done! :) VIDEO BELOW!

[Image: Morgothdies4.png]

Wanna see the overview/making of video of this?
Please share this image over on facebook (publicly), and I'll give you the link to the video :D I know it's a cheap trick, but it's win-win :) Hope you guys like it!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...tif_t=like

Feedback and tips are still very welcome, I can only learn!
fucking awesome! and i love that iguana like design, much more closer to what Tolkien envisioned than your average dragon.

PD: Gladly shared the picture, now gimme the link :D i would love to see the process!
Shared it, thanks for the vid on facebook :D , awesome piece.
thats a badass ground looking dragon im keen to ride it hurah!!!
I really like that you made the dragon so fat :D Reminds me a bit of jabba the hut. The spikey texture on the back of the dragon looks pretty awesome. You could maybe try to loose some of the scales on his skin though. I think this kind of texture is most visible in the midtone area and usually very hard to see in the shadow. As the dragon is probably pretty big you could maybe also loose it more towards his tail. Another idea would be to seperate the orcs more from another with atmospheric perspective. You have a lot of dust flying around and some of the overlapping shapes in your image seem to be quite similar in value. So perhaps you could try to increase a layered feeling. Nice image.