Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Hey..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

taylorqt

Hey Blushing

I don't really know if this is the right place for me to be.. but I really want to be a concept artist/freelance illustrator so here I am...

I am a 21 year old full time Amazon.com employee and college student (non-art major). I've liked to draw since I was just a kid, but was never motivated to take art seriously. Now that I want to take art seriously I have such less time than i did then...Meh

I do have a few really pressing matters for the community here to maybe offer some insight or help on..

First I know that to go from any level to professional in a field as technical as concept art takes years of intensive labor practice... Did any of you find a way to balance this kind of practice with full time job and/or school schedules? Very interested to see responses.

Second I'm looking for a mentor of sorts... someone who is a professional who can perhaps help me with some questions I have and guide me on my journey a bit Rolling eyes, funny thought

I know I'm asking alot here.. and hopefully I'm in the right place!

I'm pretty green at drawing, extremely at painting. I'll be sure to throw up a sketchbook soon for you to see.
Welcome angel! Hope you enjoy your stay here and hope to see you around.
hey! welcome :D