Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Seeking critique
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I wanted to make an image about wrecked robot with holding some life creature on its hand. And here I come up with. I would love to see others critiques and feedback for correction and improving it. Thanks
[attachment=46194]
It looks nice so far. I like the design of the robot. Although the painting can be improved to look even better.
The background is kinda distracting, the strokes attract too much attention.
The colors of both, the robot and the bird, are equally bright and warm. I think, if you make the bird the main focus and make the robot more desaturated, rusty and grey will give your painting more depth.
And if you leave some space below the robot will help your composition. The hand is situated at the front si it has to look more precise. I did a quick paintover, hope you find something useful.

[Image: 02bVQDB.jpg]
(03-17-2014, 09:25 PM)DimikA Wrote: [ -> ]It looks nice so far. I like the design of the robot. Although the painting can be improved to look even better.
The background is kinda distracting, the strokes attract too much attention.
The colors of both, the robot and the bird, are equally bright and warm. I think, if you make the bird the main focus and make the robot more desaturated, rusty and grey will give your painting more depth.
And if you leave some space below the robot will help your composition. The hand is situated at the front si it has to look more precise. I did a quick paintover, hope you find something useful.
Thank you for the input, Dimika. I never thought doing more darker would put much a good atmosphere. I try to fix as you suggest and I do like how it comes. As I wanted to learn the good composition, your paintover is very very useful

Here's for now.
[attachment=46283]
It's coming along nicely, I suggest tuning the chest-light down, it kinda draws attention from the bird (if that is our focus). I'd probably try to bring the values and colors of the bird a bit closer to the robot, I get it needs to stand out but maybe it's a bit too much. There are some pretty interesting textures going on there.. :)
(03-18-2014, 07:17 PM)Kaffer Wrote: [ -> ]It's coming along nicely, I suggest tuning the chest-light down, it kinda draws attention from the bird (if that is our focus). I'd probably try to bring the values and colors of the bird a bit closer to the robot, I get it needs to stand out but maybe it's a bit too much. There are some pretty interesting textures going on there.. :)
Thanks, Kaffer. That's pretty good suggestion. I will try to reduce the light on its chest

So here it is. Add some debris and wreckage. I also change the bird position, size and color into red. But after the morning, I did see the previous image with blue fat fluffy more interesting than new one. Lol. But I leave you guys opinion.
[attachment=46448]