Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Happy to be here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone! My name’s Jonny, I’m 33 and I’m from England. I’ve always wanted to draw but didn’t draw when I was a teenager so figured it was too late to start (I think I got this idea from watching Bruce Lee movies, thinking I’d never be as good as him since I didn’t start when I was 3!). That’s a silly way to look at things, it’s never too late to start something new – besides, it’s more important to have passion and to enjoy what you do (and create some value for yourself and others) than to be the best of the best.

Bruce Lee says ‘…be like water…you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; you put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.’

In my life I've been a school drop out, a uni student, a junkie, a criminal and a professional (amongst other things). Right now I’m an ESOL teacher, husband, Buddhist and father to a beautiful little girl (for nearly 2 years)...

...And of course, an artist! I’ve been drawing for nearly a year now.

I am really happy to have found this forum, everyone is so encouraging with others and willing to help newbies and pros alike! I look forward to becoming involved here!

I will undertake this pilgrimage and rise from Novice to Master!

Thanks for reading Insane, ecstatic

Jonny

"Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you travelled from where you started." - Steve Prefontaine (runner)
Hello Jonny :)

Welcome to Crimson Daggers!
I wish you all the best for your journey in art :)
Thanks!