Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Viking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
My name is Bogdan and i am new here. This is my 1st post hehe and im looking forward to getting better with the help of this awesome comunity! Feel free to critique !!![Image: viking_by_kammao-d7eei6f.jpg]
Hey Bogdan! Welcome on board :)
Do you used any photo references for this piece? share them if you did, I see some anatomical problems especially with his helmet/head. Helmet is not sitting in the middle of his head. And overall he is not "dimensional" enough. Look at hist chest and beard, beside texture it don't have volume. You need to decide on light source to shade it properly.
[attachment=47843]
Oh wow . Thanks a lot !!! Yes i did use reference :D but i i didnt really stick to it overall unfortunately, as u can see , my painting does have some things changed mainly because i messed up some stuff => [Image: b08871f91ceebef898071b368bbe9da1.jpg]
Your overpainting really makes me see how flat my original painting is .. i really need to work on my values i see