Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: tedmx' thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys and thanks a lot for your time! The style often changes, so can't promise anything too definite here :-)
As much as I'd love to be aggressive and tell you they suck, nope. I just can't.

These paintings are awesome, lighting, color, values, composition, even post-pro stuff like chromatic abberations and slight blurs (maybe slightly overdone - maybe). All great. Environment design - fucking sick :D

BUT. They're not rendered enough. They're very loose and look like speedpaintings rendering-wise.
Do everything as you already do but just render more. Paint more details in. That's literally all that I can critique.

As speedpaintings, they're freaking epic. Want them for a portfolio level? Render moar.
But they already look professional to me.
Katara.
(04-19-2014, 12:52 AM)davidKatara Wrote: [ -> ]As much as I'd love to be aggressive and tell you they suck, nope. I just can't.

These paintings are awesome, lighting, color, values, composition, even post-pro stuff like chromatic abberations and slight blurs (maybe slightly overdone - maybe). All great. Environment design - fucking sick :D

BUT. They're not rendered enough. They're very loose and look like speedpaintings rendering-wise.
Do everything as you already do but just render more. Paint more details in. That's literally all that I can critique.

As speedpaintings, they're freaking epic. Want them for a portfolio level? Render moar.
But they already look professional to me.
Katara.

Wow, I could never thought I'd get that inspiring wonderful answer! Thank you a lot for your time.

Responding to that advice, I'm pushing much more rendering out of myself.

Do I need to render everything like hell, guys?
Thanks for watching!

Trying to do sweet rendering.

Should I aim to remove that untidiness?
If yes, does that mean I should work very clean from the very start?
Using a lot of masks and layers, striving for much clarity, yet am not satisified with result. Guess that can be pose not good enough and colours/lighting not vibrant enough.
Hello guys -- sorry for huge gap in posting -- I've switched to be a follower of older art, painterly feel :-) Feeling that as "a way" currently, let's see if that persists

[Image: open_battle_by_ted_mx-d8ub5e4.jpg]

[Image: laughing_pirate_by_ted_mx-d8e3geq.jpg]
Aaaaahh awesome, reminds me of mullins and ruan jia, nice improvement, keep it up :)
I think I have nailed the connection here :D Anyway, thank you so much for good words.
Welcome back, great improvement on the newer stuff :)
Thank you a lot for kind comments again, and here is a more mainstream vibe :-)

[Image: JfoaWgU.jpg?1]

[Image: aJdVIyG.jpg?1]
Something more in painterly style inspired by Mullins' use of light and, after that, a quick sci-fi commission :-)

[Image: 8f0e8e441ff27fa44cc5f17aa9e9eb2c-d8zh16d.jpg]

[Image: b03702fa92851b34dee63a60dff58fe3-d8lif37.jpg]
Keeping working, using everything for the best style :-)

[Image: P6LBruV.jpg]
Wow, really cool. Your pieces really 'pop'! Like your style and colours. You inspire me. Keep it up! Grin Thumbs_up
Thank you so much for such supporting words! That's my goal -- to make digital art interesting again ;-)
Hello there guys! Just adding some newer artworks here :-)

[Image: svnqpNc.jpg?1]

[Image: s_t_a_n_c_e_by_ted_mx-d9805yj.jpg]