Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Greetings and Salutations...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ryan Gates

Hello! My name is Ryan Gates, and I'm an Alco... wait.. is this room 205? Shoot.

Well, since I'm here, I might as well admit I'm an artist too. I graduated from the DigiPen Institute of Technology in 2012, but am struggling to land a career in my degree field. While I am comfortably able to pay off my college debt with a Pizza Delivery job, I am looking for ways to crack my art blocks, my social anxiety over my art and style, and keep myself motivated to try new things and to improve with projects. I would like to be a video game artist and animator, but I would be equally comfortable with Flash or Toon Boom cartooning and animation. I consider myself an intermediate user of 3Ds Max and Maya, an expert with Photoshop and Flash, and a total noob when it comes to relaxing and not comparing my art to everyone else and curling up into a little ball of self pity and non-drawing.

So, It's nice to meet you all and maybe find some more motivation and companionship when it comes to doodles, drawings, and drudgery!

My current portfolio is available at www.TheEmeraldDragon.net. I tend to enjoy character art and animation, but would be mildly interested in environmental practice and expanding my range a few ways.
Glad to see ya decided to join up man.

Hope the forum helps ya out :)