Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Momo's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone! My name is Maurice Mosqua also known as Momo and I'm an illustrator and concept artist from germany. I would love to get critique on my artworks and get in contact with like minded people, so enjoy my sketchbook :)

Please stalk me on deviantart or take a look at my portfolio:

Deviantart
Portfolio

[Image: resample%28lanczos%29.jpeg][Image: resample%28lanczos%29.jpeg][Image: resample%28lanczos%29.jpeg][Image: resample%28lanczos%29.jpeg][Image: 702x1005.jpeg][Image: resample%28lanczos%29.jpeg][Image: resample%28lanczos%29.jpeg][Image: resample%28lanczos%29.jpeg][Image: resample%28lanczos%29.jpeg][Image: resample%28lanczos%29.jpeg][Image: resample%28lanczos%29.png][Image: 719x984.jpeg][Image: resample%28lanczos%29.jpeg][Image: resample%28lanczos%29.jpeg][Image: resample%28lanczos%29.jpeg]
Hi Maurice and welcome! :) These works look absolutely stunning and so is your portfolio. Looking forward to new updates! :D
Oh thank you very much Clarisse! I'm happy you enjoy my stuff :D
Hey there, welcome to CD!

What a nice variety of settings you've got there, can't wait to see more.
(08-03-2014, 06:42 AM)rafa zanchetin Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there, welcome to CD!

What a nice variety of settings you've got there, can't wait to see more.

Thanks alot! Your work is amazing aswell. Just watched you on deviantart :)
some more stuff, many speedpaintings :) currently working on a new artwork!

[Image: frost_town_by_enthing-d7hmp7e.jpg][Image: bloodred_shore___vikings_tribute_by_enthing-d7j87bi.jpg][Image: execution_by_enthing-d7rj0fh.jpg][Image: the_road_to_isengard_by_enthing-d7jyblz.jpg][Image: police_riot_armor_concept_by_enthing-d7pgswd.jpg]
Actually finished a work I did for a client but I'm not satisfied with it, mostly with the colours. maybe some of you guys know a solution for the problem. Cheers :)

Sketch

[attachment=53825]

Final

[attachment=53826]
Some sketches for the next piece, what do you think?

[attachment=53863]
Welcome to CD! I really love all of your work. You express yourself and your thoughts through your artwork the way I wish I could! can't wait to see more!
(08-05-2014, 05:50 AM)vymnis Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to CD! I really love all of your work. You express yourself and your thoughts through your artwork the way I wish I could! can't wait to see more!

Thank you very much! You will get to the point you want I'm really sure about it! I'm also not at that point at all :D
Quick photobash to try composition for a commision. This one focuses completely on the hero, the next sketch should focus on the battlefield instead.

[attachment=54024]
Nice sketchbook! I like how you challenge yourself with all sorts of unusual viewing angles. One thing I noticed with your illustration is that they often start somewhere in mid-ground, with very little foreground elements, so they sort of feel a bit distant from us.
(08-09-2014, 12:12 PM)meat Wrote: [ -> ]Nice sketchbook! I like how you challenge yourself with all sorts of unusual viewing angles. One thing I noticed with your illustration is that they often start somewhere in mid-ground, with very little foreground elements, so they sort of feel a bit distant from us.

Thank you! I never noticed that but you are right. Maybe I should work on that :D
Quick speedpaint before bed :)

[attachment=54167]
Damn man! Really strong start! Really diggin' some of your paintings, really good sense of color comps and many interesting ideas.

I specially dig the environments and the big comps.

The only crit I can give is maybe try to avoid photobash when working with closeup figures, and try to render them only with painting, that way you will be able to integrate densities more convincingly, bot overall, cool stuff ;)
(08-12-2014, 09:43 AM)Suira Wrote: [ -> ]Damn man! Really strong start! Really diggin' some of your paintings, really good sense of color comps and many interesting ideas.

I specially dig the environments and the big comps.

The only crit I can give is maybe try to avoid photobash when working with closeup figures, and try to render them only with painting, that way you will be able to integrate densities more convincingly, bot overall, cool stuff ;)

Thanks alot! Yes you ae right, I should try not to overbash the pics. Alot of the pics are done for the super speedpainting funtimes group on facebook, where you only have about 50 mins to finish a theme, so I used alot of photos and didn't polished or integrated them alot.
Bit more speedy stuff...

[attachment=54578]
[attachment=54579]
Little wise hamster, done for a friend who created a bitcoin bot called "wise hamster" :)

[attachment=54623]
some new speedys..
[attachment=55918]
[attachment=55919]
Spent a bit more time on this one, but stilled kinda rushed it :/ Need to focus more while painting...

[attachment=56083]
Pages: 1 2