Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: My potatoes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Well hello !

I've been trying to draw for about half a year I guess .. I don't really know how much I'm improving. I'll just continue with it like anyone else would do. My main problem is ... well ... keeping myself focused and devoted to it. I'm not much of a forum guy but I've heard of this forum several times and ... thought I'd give it a try.

I really hope I can find more "driving" with the help of this forum. And if I'm not asking for too much ... even get some help ? :D

I guess I'll have to put a few examples here of what I can do at the moment.

Everything after the inked one are experiments from my imagination (I should have tried to correct the view from above guy's arms that look totally horrible but I was too lazy that day)
Your proportions and poses are coming along nicely, keep at it! Welcome to the forum! :)
(08-14-2014, 06:51 PM)Kaffer Wrote: [ -> ]Your proportions and poses are coming along nicely, keep at it! Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks Kaffer :). Wow , your stuff is awesome !
I love the environments you do ... that scifi-cityscape you did is absolutely awesome and all the scifi tech stuffs , that tank and all the others + the non futuristic stuffs too!

Really like those since I used to like drawing tanks a little in the past ... this was the farthest I've tried before I kinda dumped the idea and started trying to learn how to draw organic stuffs.
Welcome Adrian :) It's a good start with the anatomy, and you are taking note of all the right stuff (gesture, proportion, etc.) Have you seen Proko's videos by chance? https://www.youtube.com/user/ProkoTV He gives lots of great info on anatomy and gesture. Keep going man!
(08-15-2014, 09:26 AM)pnate Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome Adrian :) It's a good start with the anatomy, and you are taking note of all the right stuff (gesture, proportion, etc.) Have you seen Proko's videos by chance? https://www.youtube.com/user/ProkoTV He gives lots of great info on anatomy and gesture. Keep going man!

Thanks :). I used to watch that in the past ... actually ... I think one of the first things I've tried was with the help of the bean method ... I think I got stuck at some point tho and tried to go for different things to see what would suit me better ... or so I thought in the past ... I don't really remember. Maybe I should try watching them again with fresh eyes.
Hey man, welcome to CD.
You're on the right track with the anatomy studies, just work it hard man!
(08-16-2014, 12:35 AM)rafa zanchetin Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man, welcome to CD.
You're on the right track with the anatomy studies, just work it hard man!

Thanks man. I have to try harder .... I'm not doing nearly enough or as much as I'd want myself to do.

-------

Most of the times ... after I do a bunch of them I just start getting into thinking too much, stop drawing and start circling the living room while doing nothing else than putting stupid questions in my head "why this" , "why that"... lol.

And after reading a bit of that "Drawing on the right side of the brain" ... I feel even more puzzled.

A friend of mine told me "Stop thinking and just draw" ... but sometimes I just can't prevent it from happening jeeeez ! Sorry for this ... perhaps this is just the beginners struggle ... I don't know.

Anywho ... here's some more poses and a random horse because why not ? :D
OH and .... if you guys have good suggestions of books or anything that gave you a lot of ...hmm ... I'll call them ... "revelations" ... and you think it would help me too ... please do recommend me stuff !
nice start of your sketchbook! I just read the thing of '' just stop thinking and start drawing '' I totally have the same issue. The times where I fail with drawing are the times I think too much about what I am doing and what I need to do. Haven't found a solution yet for it though :) I always watch livestreams or other artists on youtube and ask there if i need to know something. Maybe doing these figures on YT will help you along the way https://www.youtube.com/user/NewMastersAcademy

As for the help, I'm always willing to offer help to those who need it, I know I just started out myself, but if there's anything you need help with or have any questions you can send me a private message here :)
Thanks Angelique , I'll be taking a look at that right away and do some.

Oh and ... a few more under ...

(She didn't really have that sort of weapon ... but when it comes close to something that could be a fighting pose I just get kinda excited.)

Actually ... if you guys know a great place where to find a lot of fighting poses , I'd really appreciate if you'd tell me about it. There's a certain dynamic feeling I really like in them.... not to mention it gives me quite a focus boost.
Quote:Actually ... if you guys know a great place where to find a lot of fighting poses , I'd really appreciate if you'd tell me about it. There's a certain dynamic feeling I really like in them.... not to mention it gives me quite a focus boost.

http://mmaphotography.zenfolio.com/

My daily motto is "Shut up and draw", lol.
nice figure studies man, keep 'em coming! ;)
@ Rafa: #best motto. xD
@ Renato: thanks , will do !

Now ... about that bean I've tried some time ago from Proko's vids .... I've tried again this morning to see what exactly didn't work. I think it was mostly twists. Especially when they were subtle ... I personally just couldn't get them with the bean. And ... I don't know ... perhaps I generally didn't like the look of the ovals I was doing ? (Oh and I didn't like that I couldn't really imagine planes with that)

[After that I've tried other stuffs until at some point after watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBk3ynRbtsw (noticed the circles he was using in sideviews of his figure ... the type of figure I was failing greatly at that time was sideview ... they didn't even look close to something human) and after watching some of Sycra's vids talking about landmarks and how he was achieving proportion with them ... I thought I would use both of those informations.... sort of.
I'm not exactly sure if I'm doing a great job with it ... ] <---- talkin about past here.
tried a few from imagination , sliiightly different ...
Cool to see you going on! "Going with the flow" is actually a very good way to put it, alotugh I wouldn't say "stopping" thinking is a good way to achieve this flow, more like adjusting the valve of input and output of your thinking.. :)
(08-18-2014, 06:38 PM)Kaffer Wrote: [ -> ]Cool to see you going on! "Going with the flow" is actually a very good way to put it, alotugh I wouldn't say "stopping" thinking is a good way to achieve this flow, more like adjusting the valve of input and output of your thinking.. :)

Yeah indeed ... I do need to think in a more productive manner , rather than being hit by that overwhelmed feeling. Whiiiich I still get when I think about muscles and how I should approach them ... or rather where ...

Most of the references for it that I've seen so far are either too complicated or don't show at all the volume as I'd like them to. Sometimes I see people do these awesome sketches with muscles on a specific part of the body where they do those wrap around net-thing (very professional language) and I'm wondering ... what are they using ? What am I missing ?

Thank you so far guys ... I'm feeling slightly less devotionless with every day :D xD

Some things I've tried this morning .. It started as something and it ended a bit quite random.
Some cubes
Aaand some soapbars .... I couldn't help myself. xD
How is this going to help me at figure drawing you ask ? hee heeee .... *cough* .... heee... I don't know. I was getting bored and then more random :c

Imagination figures with boxes.
Moar imagination thingies. I honestly love doing them with boxes ... it's so easy to see things.

Last one for tonight *yawn*
I'm trying to observe rather than copy aaand .... I'm failing really really really hard. Damn what a bad feeling. I on't know if I should keep trying this at this point in time ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7