Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Girl fighting monsters and perspective
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys!! I'd super appreciate some help on perspective and composition of this sketch for a digital painting.

The girl is supposed to be 8-9 years old and she's conjuring a powerful magic ball to blast away those monsters. I thought about putting a teddy bear in there winking but no clue where.

I also wanted to force the perspective even more with the foot closest to the viewer (Lasso->transform to make it bigger???), to make it look really intense and dramatic. EXTREME PERSPECTIVE is what I want. As if we've got a view from about 1 ft off the ground. Also I have no idea how to draw the dress! Thank yooooou <3 <3
Ok trying to see if I can fix it a little on my own... btw this is the ref I'm using for the arms. Trying to make her look more like a child and less like a torso-less gorilla *Facepalm*

Would you guys believe that I"ve been working on this sketch for two freakin' days now?

Okay..well.. I decided that the level of extreme perspective I imagined in my head exeeds my current skill level. Bummer, but, here's what I was able to do.

I think it looks a little better although I'm still not satisfied with the composition or the girl. I don't know if the girl looks like she could be a little kid or not. However I do think that the anatomy is much better than before.

Two different variations, one where I try to add in a little "perspective" and the other is normal. I got rid of the dress too because I didn't know how to draw it T_____T
I don't know, I'm not great with perspective. Do you mean something like this?

[attachment=54475]
I'm sorry if you hate me for this crit, but I don't think the pose reads too well. You drew it well enough, but having a girl have her arms contorted behind her back like that look uncomfortable and awkward, no matter how well you drew it.

I think it would convey the story better if she was turned more on the side, with her arms facing the viewer and herself looking at the monsters in the background.

I took a crappy pic of myself of the pose I'm talking about:

[Image: WIN_20140814_161111_zps4dfc467b.jpg]
Hate you for the critique?? To the contrary!!! I absolutely adore you for taking the time to help me out. Thanks so much for the suggestion. I actually drew this for a class, and I will have to re-draw it at the end of the class. I will certainly take your suggestion into the account and thanks so much for the reference picture.

I think your suggested pose might be better too, because then we could see the girl's expression as well.

<3

(08-15-2014, 12:37 PM)ZombieChinchilla Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry if you hate me for this crit, but I don't think the pose reads too well. You drew it well enough, but having a girl have her arms contorted behind her back like that look uncomfortable and awkward, no matter how well you drew it.

I think it would convey the story better if she was turned more on the side, with her arms facing the viewer and herself looking at the monsters in the background.

I took a crappy pic of myself of the pose I'm talking about:

[Image: WIN_20140814_161111_zps4dfc467b.jpg]

(08-15-2014, 04:32 AM)meat Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know, I'm not great with perspective. Do you mean something like this?
Ahh, that's a good draw-over. Thank you meat!!

What I was originally thinking was something super warped and comic book-y. Like super extreme. Where we see her shoe in gigantic view, and the bear is really big too (like how you drew him), and then we see the monsters looming over her.

I"ll try and sketch it out later, but the thing is.. I have it in my head but I don't know if it would look good.

i might actually try zombie's suggested pose instead, because I think it would add interest to the painting to see the girl's face perhaps.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou! <3 <3