Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Justin's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically just a thread for display of my learning curve, as I've been studying quite a bit lately
Hey man, welcome aboard!
Nice to have you around too.
Nice to be here :)

Study of a sculpture

Sketches

MY LIFE FOR AIUR
Fuck yea man! Love that first portrait.

Keep them coming!
More sketches

Marker sketch
Spitpainting batch! :D
Nice studies man! Are they all for the daily spitpaint or just the orcs?
They're all daily spitpaint :) the cloud dragon one is super speedpainting funtimes, topic was 'Dragon Quest'

Another couple of spits, slowly getting better at these things. I feel like my sense of color is improving a bit with each one i do
More, more, MORE!!!
Working on my brush economy as well as texture, color/mood, and conveying emotion through facial features

Another brush test

Another brush experiment
Lots of cool stuff in here. That first charcoal and this last portrait especially.
Thanks man! I'm liking the last portrait's workflow, I'll definitely be doing more like it
duuuude so slick those portraits hit my Warcraft funny bone so good, so gooood.
Haha thanks dude! I'll keep 'em comin :)
30 minute spitpaint with topic 'child of the lava lake fountain' (i combined two topics)
Illustration in progress! feedback is appreciated, feel free to tear it to shreds. Trying to address some issues that I have been dealing with in my recent illustration works; mostly texture, anatomy, capturing emotion in the face... some other stuff
Hey man, i like the idea on this last one, not sure if the quality of the image is low or you're using a really grainy brush, but it's seems like it's dirty. It's not all around, just on some parts. :(
another process shot, almost done with this one

(09-09-2014, 12:49 PM)rafa zanchetin Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man, i like the idea on this last one, not sure if the quality of the image is low or you're using a really grainy brush, but it's seems like it's dirty. It's not all around, just on some parts. :(

yeah, it's the brush i'm using. it's pretty grainy, i'm trying to be more aware of texture in my work; staying away from that 'digital' look, in the final stages of the painting ill smooth some stuff out and finish it up :)
WIP on a piece of splash-art I'm working up
Decided to Re-work the design and composition of the last WIP I posted. I wasn't really putting much thought into it and i was skipping a lot of the process so i wasn't learning a whole lot. I may as well go through the whole process and make this a portfolio piece if i'm going to be spending the time on it. Here's some concepts and a mock up of the new comp