Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: under the influence of coffee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok this is the start . . . . im curious about the end

another 3 sketches . . .
the last work of the day . . . practise on values . . . you know the feeling when u think u did something nice because u are tired and the next morning u are like wtf, i need really hard work . . ..
(10-11-2014, 08:16 AM)Michael vii Wrote: [ -> ]the last work of the day . . . practise on values . . . you know the feeling when u think u did something nice because u are tired and the next morning u are like wtf, i need really hard work . . ..

Good stuff keep pushing it dood!
its more like a zombie . . . but .... :D
the original sketch is in to my sketchbook . . . . but my scanner took a day off by his self .. . .
and my self portrait is ready . . . ok ok im joking :D
(render practise on grayscale )
first attempt with color on Material Spheres studies............. im a bit hesitant with color but i will use to it with some studies i suppose.......

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en...-Small.jpg
the prb is that is not clear where the light source is but i realised it a bit late . . . . . i mean that the shading is wrong
and his map here. . . ...( im still working on material studies)
finally i found time for drawing . . .
working on facial expressions and measurement for today
it took me 1,5 hours. . .
2 hours of drawing. . .
Great start! Studying masters is always great, as well as life study. Those two things can teach you the most probably (Loomis books and ctrlpaint.com are also wonderful resources).

My advice to you at this stage would be to focus most of your effort on grayscale value studies, and in those I would advise trying to limit yourself to using only three to five values (dark, medium, light). That will force you to squint down and see what the big shapes are doing and what values things really are. Local colors all have different values of their own, then throw lighting in the mix and it changes the values too, so just studying that in grayscale at first will help you to see it easier.

If you have the cash, I'd suggest checking out Scott Robertson's two books: How to Draw & How to Render. Excellent books for beginners and pros alike. Looking forward to more from you : )
i <3 mess
outlines are almost ready. .
Hey, work harder and dont forget to enjoy yourself. If your eyes improve and you start getting frustrated, remember that its a good thing, because your eyes have gotten better and soon your skill will follow, if you keep working ofcourse. Also try doing more confident lines, heck doesnt even have to be right away, just lower the opacity and create a new layer, then draw over it.
here it is
im working on facial expressions
im b with this one . . .
Pages: 1 2