Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Selling at first con
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, been a while!

I'm thinking of getting ready to sell prints and stuff at a small sci fi themed con in mid-May, and I was wondering if anyone had tips? The table is $49, which is surprisingly cheap, and I plan on doing half fanart, half original sci fi paintings, along with zines, postcards, bookmarks, and maybe some other merch.

But yeah, any tips for a first time con exhibitor? Places to get prints done or anything to keep in mind? Thanks so much, guys!
Have you been to that convention before? Do you have an idea of what kind of stuff sells? Have you talked to people that sell work at that convention?
Yes, it's pretty small. This will be the fourth year it's run, and I've gone all three years as an attendee. Since it's a sci fi con, there's a lot of focus on that, and stuff like Star Wars and zombies are pretty popular. I've never talked to artists who exhibited there, but there's a fb group for it so I guess I could ask about it more there.
I think talking to some people who sell work there is a very good idea as you already have an idea of the people that attend so you can specifically target that audience and potentially gather more info on your consumers and increase your chances of selling more :).