Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Anna Draws Things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Why hello there.

I'm a twenty year old game art student, currently in my first year. Really enjoying it, but I want that extra push to get me working even harder. Crits and comments are very much welcome.

[Image: xEPYm.jpg]

[Image: w2mIU.jpg]

[Image: EsupD.jpg]

[Image: 3alHr.jpg]

[Image: A5I3J.jpg]

[Image: EmRjG.jpg]

[Image: cfv3U.jpg]
Welcome!! Great studies, can't wait to see more :)
SUP,
life drawings are awesome, keep at it yeeeh

Tooth

Great work! definitely practising the right stuff :)

for a tip, your shadows are looking a bit muddy - rather than studying photos, try some Artists, especially people like the impressionists and people like Sargent, Zorn. see how they paint in the shadows. Also it's worth learning to use RGB sliders in photoshop rather than HSB as you can get a decent handling on painting in the colours.

have fun, keep up the good work!
Thank you for all the replies!

Tooth - I've checked those artists out and I'm planning on (hopefully, time allowing) to do a study of one of their paintings. I definitely think that the painting of the hall could do with some crisper shadows. Cheers for the advice :D

Here's the work I did yesterday in life drawing and in my own time. We've got a portraiture project on at the moment, which I always find entertaining.

[Image: rnyHu.jpg]

[Image: 3fCmX.jpg]

[Image: clmSJ.jpg]

[Image: ZGo2O.jpg]

[Image: 9eJmI.jpg]

[Image: rkQqY.jpg]
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I've been working on a 3D model and it's awkward as hell. Ah well. Here are a couple new things anyway.

[Image: xr3Uq.jpg]

[Image: 0i7wH.jpg]

Yeah! Wonky perspective!
Having finally finished my 3D character project I can get back into drawing again.

Battling with perspective - masters study of Turner's Tintern Abbey:
[Image: KOjPR.jpg]

Two minutes per life drawing pose:
[Image: kVmex.jpg]

[Image: JsdIn.jpg]

[Image: KUs1h.jpg]
So I'm really bad at updating. Have some more art!

[Image: kKALh.jpg]

[Image: St1AX.jpg]

[Image: ZdyjD.jpg]

[Image: s7clv.jpg]

[Image: zidJN.jpg]

[Image: JGjul.jpg]

[Image: e6laC.jpg]

[Image: GDS7a.jpg]

[Image: Id2YT.jpg]
I can already see some really nice improvement from the beginning post! On the figure studies, try to transition the values a bit more fluidily, and reconsider all that white area. Remember, skin has an inherent tone no matter the color.
Thank you very much, that means a lot! I'm probably going to get myself some more brown or tinted paper so I can work with white pencils as well. I might ditch the mechanical pencil too since the lines are too fine.

Thanks again!
I should do masters studies more often.

[Image: 6kdvM.jpg]

[Image: MZv13.jpg]
Wow, that last painting looks gorgeous, congrats! :)
woow I really liked the 16 environment thumbs! Can you tell your approach to them? I wanted to give it a shot =)

Seth Lange

Coming along great! Keep working hard
really nice stuff here :}
Thanks so much everyone :D

Victor - I concentrated on blocking in the values with a pretty solid chalky brush first and then used a combination of that brush and the hard round for detailing, especially with tree limbs. To put in some quick detail I used the treetop brush and the fur brush (both found here) for foliage (I use the fur brush for grass). I use a textured rocky brush to add some close up dirt and variance in the foreground and that's about it :)

Hope that helps!
One painting down, five more to go.

[Image: JeLus.jpg]
nice enviros!
I like neither of these things, but oh well. Art!

[Image: 5HbbM.jpg]

[Image: wOC5W.jpg]
So my course is all done for the year! We have some voluntary projects but official work doesn't resume till October. Really going to use this time ahead of me to learn and improve.

I also gave myself an arm injury from painting too much before deadline day. Oops.

[Image: izeCv.jpg]

[Image: K5ay8.jpg]

[Image: DWhEE.jpg]

[Image: UWdqB.jpg]

[Image: pkwvV.jpg]

[Image: LRsv8.jpg]

[Image: 8dnT9.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7