Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Emanuele's Daily Grind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
heya,
so here's what I'm usually doing every day to get me somewhere. I recently became more structured, and I tend to exercise more than usual.
these days, that's what I do:
25-35 min figure drawing using youtube channels like new masters academy or croquis cafe.
25 min of drawing hands or faces from pinterest, each drawing lasting 5 minutes at most.
1 hour master study. this time, mead schaeffer. I left it all grayed out and rather unproportioned, but the goal is not to make nice pictures everytime but to learn a lot from each session.

[attachment=61304]
[attachment=61305]
[attachment=61306]
Awesome! I cant wait to see more :)
Yeah, agreeing with -echo- on this. Looking forward to seeing how you progress with your plan.

Only thing I'd suggest is that the '1 hour master study' be applied to continuing your work on this particular study.

There's a lot of refinement and improvement that you can make on this work, and I think that it will really help you see deeper into your work. For example-- You could take more time looking at the shapes you're putting down. The bishop/priest in your version is a lot smaller.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with working at one master study at a time, plugging away at it when you can. I just think you can take this one a lot farther. Maybe even spending a total of 5 + hours on it, if you have the drive. Grin

The master studies I've done (In black and white values), probably had 20+ hours put into them. Everyone is different, and maybe you feel that you'll get more out of doing 1 hour master studies, different paintings for each. I just think you'd get more out of it if you spent more time on each. Smile

You've got a lot of spark-- I think you'll grab hold of the future with a hard grip. :D Keep going!
morning everybody, thanks for the advices and the appreciations!
@Bookend: your advice is really sound, I could try to spend just one hour in blocking in, then another hour in coloring and then the last one in refining, or more than one. I noticed that my first measurements are usually very accurate, but after a while I tend to rely on previous measurements and the error begins to sum up, becoming really overwhelming. I need to work on my measurement strategy.
Here is what I do once a week, in a drawing class that i joined a few weeks ago. I learn a lot and I'm forced to spend about two hours on the same two bottles, which really tries my drive but everytime I learn something new from the teacher, and also gives me motivation on doing these long effort works. Just drawing with other people is really fun and woudln't it be like 30 euro per lesson I would do it every night.
The other drawing is just a sketch I did on my sketchbook with a gel pen. i do many of these everyday, when I'm at work and waiting for the code to compile or waiting for friends or in the metro.
[attachment=61876]
[attachment=61877]
hello, here's the longer copying exercise. I decided to use a still from madmen for this one. moreover, here's another kind of exercise, done from still life. I liked it a lot, especially because I used various brushes and I think that I should incorporate the use of such brushes for my paintings. the reason is that this method doesn't leave as many brushmarks as my previous one, but instead you can see the texture that I choose. so at least i can control what byproduct of the painting process to show.
[attachment=62275]
[attachment=62276]
Hello, here's a self portrait i did yesterday night after my usual drills. nothing new on those, maybe I will post one of those exercises once a month since more would be repetitive and they all look similar from one day to another.
[attachment=62567]