Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: TheKind's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few things recently have really inspired me, and it's frustrating not being able to adequately convey the inspiration into good looking drawings. I've been drawing since I was 3, but not seriously. I'd just draw things I liked, and copy.

I'll post some of my the things i've copied or used reference for. I've never really studied art, or have had any classes.

Don't have a tablet, and have never even attempted digital art, but hopefully in due time.

[attachment=62094] This drawing had a couple of firsts with me. It's the first time I've used pen in anything, and always felt scared to use it, lol. I also had never used color before, so it was pretty odd trying to find colors, and figure out how to mix them in areas, which was done in color pencil. Touched it up in photoshop. Original image from the comic, Hush.

[attachment=62093] Original image from Blackest Night.

[attachment=62095] Original image from the comic, Blackest Night.
[attachment=62148]
[attachment=62149]

This is an ink drawing, with some pencil, i used reference, but did not completely copy, as per usual. Started with drawing the eye sockets, the skull and so on, actually sketching the drawing, and not just copying.

[attachment=62150]

First time using charcoal. Trying to practice values and eyes.

[attachment=62151]
[attachment=62152]

Another attempt.