Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Kimonas's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Nice job Kimonas, keep at it:)
Thanks pindu! 5 min gestures,
More stuff
More nonsence - 20 min head with ref, 2 min skullz and bargue study
Great Work man! A few of those faces look really good, keep at it.

I think you did right by doing those eyes so fast. At least I feel perhaps I got caught up trying to be so precise, erasing and ctrl + z 'ing too much, and in the end I didn't retain enough information about them. I did some looser ones later and I felt I learnt alot more from them. Or maybe the combination just worked for me, who knows :P

Keep working hard! :)
Hey Ager! Thanks man. Well i guess with each exercise like that think: how does this apply to what i already know? I guess what i was trying to do, is wrap those eyelids round a ball - and try and make that illusion work. Wether i succeeded or not is a different matter!
woa, awsome constructions and how you made it so simple-looking, keep it up ! : )
ShinOkami - Thanks man! Trying to make all these constructions second nature, so i can focus on fun things like design!
Kimonas.. building a strong foundation here dude:)
Hi Pindu! Hey thanks man, hopefully it helps! Good job on your recent image - looking strong!

Maer things
1 hr study, a bit pants - hopefuilly when im happy with lineworks, i can really get going with value studies.
Great work! I would love to see more figurative illustrations!
Yog Joshi - Thanks man! yes - for sure - more figurative illustrations will follow! Im working on it!

For now though, more anatomy practice from my working week - the female gestures are pretty naf, all the male ones are from imagination. Trying to think about anatomy, gesture and perspective all at once is hard! I will try and work on this more this weekend.
Todays stuff - really happy today, seems like the anatomy and portrait practice is helping - hands, some anatomy revision, and a viking or three from imagination. I'm over the moon!

need to get the female form more feminine though
Dude! You're making me wanna go back to figure drawing studies !!!!!! AHHHH So much work, so much solid study, damn! Seriously, I really enjoyed looking trough all of this hard work, you're certainly engraining this in your brain, and when you do something else it's gonna show for sure!

I have zero crits for you since this is a perfect example of thoughtfull and hard worked studies, so just keep being awesome mate! :D
Good stuff Kimonas! I agree with Suira -- no crit here, you are definitely on the right track!
Suira - Thanks man! that means a lot to me. Its tough, i think all this stuff escapes the brain quite quickly, you have to keep doing it every day i think! Thanks ever so much for your kind words.
Pindu - Thanks man! Ill try my best!

Mosr practice and some vikings from imagination - I dont want to get carried away - i want to build on this with heavier perspective on figures more portraits and hands.
Some shitty 1 min gestures, heavy perspective, hope to do this more.
more thinks, you guessed it another viking also.
More studies - trying to chip away at weaknessess.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13