Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: a deep dark hole
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think the kind of weird anonymity / facade of art forums is something I've been missing a lot since the old days when manley the megalomaniac destroyed the concept art dot org user base.

Seems that everywhere is a portfolio webspace now. I think it's important to experiment to grow...I used to do a lot and they'd just sit on my hard drive...but somehow eventually I stopped making sketches anymore or doing studies...and then there was this slide deep down into darkness. If all you do is client work you'll become an insane person.

[attachment=64617]
post work sketching
post work poops
[attachment=65177]
I love the blown out backlighting you're doing. Very moody, very nice.
I agree about art forums, I love this kind of setup because like you I need to screw around a lot or I don't enjoy the art -- and there's something really disheartening about making stuff that's never going to be seen.

I'm excited to see you post more. Welcome to CD!
Ooo I really like your style. Is there somewhere I could see more of your art? Definitely a good idea not to fall into that hole of just doing work all the time. Hope to keep seeing more of your stuff here!