Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: My first post in CD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[font=Courier]Hello every one . This is my first post in Crimson Daggers (well I have an other one st the introduction section. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this
[Image: stone_skin_by_cilios-d8k6w43.jpg]

I want to show that his is turning into stone, but I have problems regarding the textures. Any critiques regarding that or anything else about the piece are more than welcome :D

Thanks in advance!
I see a nice cell shading ! It looks like he is turning into stone. The problem for me might me the structure/drawing. Just a little bit though. I know how difficult that angle is, i've been struggling these days with them u.U. The upper lip seems a bit off. The jaw should move down ! you know it rotates. And i think we should be able to see his waist! because of that his abdomen looks too long. I see good anatomy though so it might have been personal choice. Also i don't know if it's because its your style or something but i would keep outlines without texture although it adds roughness to the image! nonetheless good work i really like the angle!
(03-06-2015, 03:41 AM)Grotessive Wrote: [ -> ]I see a nice cell shading ! It looks like he is turning into stone. The problem for me might me the structure/drawing. Just a little bit though. I know how difficult that angle is, i've been struggling these days with them u.U. The upper lip seems a bit off. The jaw should move down ! you know it rotates. And i think we should be able to see his waist! because of that his abdomen looks too long. I see good anatomy though so it might have been personal choice. Also i don't know if it's because its your style or something but i would keep outlines without texture although it adds roughness to the image! nonetheless good work i really like the angle!

Thank you for your advice, when I get back to the piece I will keep them in mind :D
I tried to see what I could achieve without refernces in this one, but I might use some if I deside to finish it, also about the waist, yes I am aware it's kinda long but I dint want to bother with it, well again I guess I will later :P