Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Chairfight's lil sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chairfight's Lil Sketchbook

I've been drawing off and on since I was able to hold a pencil. There have been periods of up to several years in between drawings through out different points in my life. These last few weeks I've been regaining my interest in the arts.

My goals as an "artist" for the time being is to improve my use and understanding of anatomy and perspective, learn to capture light and color in an aesthetically pleasing way and gain greater confidence in my current three drawing mediums: pencil, oil color and my newest tool digital painting (photoshop w/ wacom tablet).

I started my first digital painting earlier this week while working from a photo I took last weekend. I'm not quite finished yet and I'll be working on the legs this weekend in my spare time.

I encourage feedback! Please feel free to comment if you have any suggestions on how I can improve.

Here's the above mentioned digital painting and my first contribution to what appears to be a vibrant and active community :)

[Image: 1WbfdY3.png]
Let's see some more stuff O__O
Welcome again chairfight (still a cool username xD)

Yeah mean, what Bearlaser said -- mooooooooooooooooorrreeee stufffffffffssssssssss :DDD

Draw a lot in your sketchbook, lots and lots and like all the time ^_________^ pencil work = super important and I wanna see all of ittttt :D
haha I hear ya. I've been messing around with the legs on my last post off and on for the last couple of days and it's been a source of endless frustration. I'll post more stuff this week. Think I'm going to take a break from the reclining woman drawing.
This is quite good as it is your first digital piece. There´s flat areas sure, and some areas only have 1 color, however that doesn´t really bother me. As feedback you could maybe work on your lines and line weight more, but it's hard to crit when there is only one image. Can't wait to see more stuff! :)
Oh woah, it didn't click that this was your first digi wip!
Snap son, not bad at all, I mean yeah what Angelique said is true about the flatness, but hey, thats bloody good work for your first piece.

Welp, this just makes me giddy to see what's to come!
Lookin' forward to it, chairfight!
Thanks guys - I picked up some books on anatomy and drawing the human form that I've been working through. Working on describing shape and mass and understanding how the body moves. We finnnalllyy have a life drawing class starting up in our little town. Really stoked on that.

I'll post some pages from the ol' sketchbook soon. It's mostly just trying to understand the torso and how the ribcage and hips move.