Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Heeeyyy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, Thanks for unwillingly letting me join your great community!

Here's a little about me:

I've been drawing off and on since I was able to hold a pencil. There have been periods of up to several years in between drawings through out different points in my life. These last few weeks I've been regaining my interest in the arts.

My goals as an "artist" for the time being is to improve my use and understanding of anatomy and perspective, learn to capture light and color in an aesthetically pleasing way and gain greater confidence in my current three drawing mediums: pencil, oil color and my newest tool digital painting (photoshop w/ wacom tablet).

I started my first digital painting earlier this week while working from a photo I took last weekend.

I'd say the most of my experience is in drawing with pencil, then oil color (pretty limited, somewhere around 2 or 3 finished paintings and a dozen unfinished paintings) and finally my newest hobby digital painting with a tablet.

I have very little experience with color and have almost no formal education save for a couple of local drop in intro art classes. I did just order a huge heap of books based on some recommendations I found on the internet and I'll be working through them this summer.

Here's a link to my sketchbook with it's lone entry:

Chairfight's Lil Sketchbook

Thanks for reading my post and I'll see you around!
Hey man, welcome to the daggers! I dig your username haha (makin' me think of two dues swingin' chairs around all kung-fu like :D)

It's all good! We're all just here to learn and stuff, :) many of us, myself included have had no knowledge about colouring and all that good stuff and just jumped right into the thick of things!

I'll definitely be checking out your sketchbook! I hope you don't mind feedback haha

I'll see you 'round and I hope you enjoy your stay chairfight! o/