Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Kamiru's sketchbook, draw erryday.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[Image: jungle_chick__nope__it__s_jungle_child_n...52r74l.png]
Almooost done, only the face, some rendering and bg.
I'm also working on a super secret thing that I can't post yet (oh god that sound professional).
Finished the secret project, maybe I'll post it later!

[Image: gesture_sai_by_kamiru_desu-d5572th.png]
Testing out SAI because I want to draw ponies (no just kidding, I like the smooth look).

[Image: colab_by_kamiru_desu-d5573i9.png]
WIP collab with rockonguy.

Aaand the jungle child, 2 version, I don't know on what version I'll continue:
[Image: dK7XP.jpg]

[Image: jungle_chick__nope__it__s_jungle_child_n...52r74l.png]
[Image: gesture_sai_2_by_kamiru_desu-d558741.png]

[Image: gesture_sai_3_by_kamiru_desu-d5587bg.png]
I dunno, I like Photoshop more I think.
From imagination, 10 min.
[Image: cowboy_by_kamiru_desu-d55q14q.png]
Cowboy, teen challenge 169
Some quick color studies/tests:

[Image: color_test_by_kamiru_desu-d56208v.png]
[Image: c1.png]
[Image: c2.png]

Teen challenge WIP:
[Image: c4.png]
Here is the update, I played a lot of dwarf fortress lately, so I haven't drawn a lot, aaarrhhgggg:

[Image: teen_challenge_i_don__t_even_know_by_kam...56xu3a.png]
Teen challenge.

[Image: dorf_by_kamiru_desu-d573fkd.png]
Dorf.

[Image: duuuuude_by_kamiru_desu-d573fwd.png]
Dude.
Wow Kam you are really working hard, one thing I would say is tone down the use of motion blur a bit, but apart from that keep it up :D
Thanks Miles! I know, I always use too much :p. "juuust a blur this a liiitle bit..." *20 minutes later* "maybe I used a bit to much hmmm*
[Image: Kamiru_thumb_001.png?dl=1]
WIP, my "thumb" for the Team challenge I'm doing with Rockonguy and egbu (MilesE).
[Image: woman_and_stuff__by_kamiru_desu-d58aedx.png]
Team challenge "sketch ZERO ZERO ONE!" the official title is: "Woman and stuff".

[Image: same_woman__different_stuff__by_kamiru_desu-d58aeil.png]
Team challenge "sketch ZERO ZERO TWO!" the official title is: "Same woman, different stuff".

[Image: worm__wurm__i_dunno___by_kamiru_desu-d58aear.png]
Worm thing I never finished.

[Image: liiines_by_kamiru_desu-d58ae5p.png]
More team challenge stuff.

Also, I feel like one of my first paintings, the Medusa head thing is still my best work. The colors are like 200% better than the colors I use now. I really want to get back into starting with color... ;_;
Wiiip.
Experimenting with the golden ratio, and I wanna add a bg:
[Image: grill.png]

[Image: golden_grill.png]
Didn't [post for two weeks because of holiday, I didn't really draw much, but I did some pencil sketches (which is I lost).

Anyways, here is an alternate version of "dude with backpack":
[Image: Char_1.png]

And here us an update version of "grill":
[Image: grill11.png]
Nice Kamiru! You're already a ton better than you were a couple months ago. Keep doin what you're doin.
I'm gonna lifestream for a few hours I guess: http://www.livestream.com/kam1ru

Oh and thank you Dennis!
the colours in the campfire piece and enviorments are top notch :D !

gen5

wow, nice ratio planning!
Hey nice work - But I'm noticing some stuff that looks too blurry, I think your work would benefit from the use of more harder edges perhaps. anyway keep at it!
I've always like this messy style whit digital feel to it. But prehaps spend more time on finishing stuff. It's always benefitial to give your piece new quality
Whoa, thanks for all the comments!

Thanks, JerryActric! It was for the teen challenge on CA, the "focus" of the challenge was mood or color iirc.

Thank you, Jonesoda! Yeah I always go a bit over the top with blur filter, I try using less blur filters in my newer work.

I will, ramalooke, I'm still planing on finishing the jungle girl and some other portfolio pieces!

Anyways here is mah work

Study
[Image: Haithar.jpg]

And I also "finished" the girl with the weird hair, It's in color, but I think I'm gonna revert it to black and white... I'm not gonna post it yet.
That last one came out pretty nice Kamiru. I agree with some of the others about using a hard brush for some hard edges. You should mostly be using hard brushes in the very beginning of a painting and adding in any softness near the end. Would be cool to see you experiment with only hard brushes for a while just to get a hold of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7