Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Guile Crit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working on a picture of Guile from Street Fighter. I have worked on several sketches and I'm pretty happy with the latest one in terms of posing but I think I could use a crit on lighting, or anything you might see wrong with this picture so far.

Be as direct as you want, I can take it.   Party

Thanks in advice!
First paintover, so tell me if there's anything I should be doing differently, be it with the painting or the explanation.

The lighting in this was pretty weird. I couldn't really figure out where it was coming from, but I think it works so whatever.
I tried to make use of lost and soft edges to make Guile look less 'cut out', changed the way the torso was bent so it  implies that he's standing in a way that makes sense.  The hands looked too square-ish to me, but I think the way I went about correcting that ended up fucking up the right one instead. Lastly, I made the angle of the face and the angle of the hair match up and changed the placement of the ear.
Hey there,

Some ideas you can try using to  push your lighting further :)

[attachment=71333]

[attachment=71334]

Keep truckin'