Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: I am in need of your expertise!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Fellas,

I need a little help with my crappy image. My main concern is that it feels flat as fuuuuuuuuuck and I'm not exactly sure why. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi, sorry for the late answer.
you doing good on composition here beside this tree wich is reaking the lines.. I mean if you give srengh lines to your work it's mainly horizontal and the tree is so strongly vertical. Maybe a more interesting tree shape ?
What is wrong for me is anatomy, the girl left arms looks shorter than the right one and both her feet are on the same line...(wich can be corret in anatomy)but kills the energy of your work... I hope you get what I mean.
For it may look flat because of atmospheric perspective. I m not sure if you tried or not. i would try more if I were you and add more thing to sit the action. Like a mid ground .
Or you should try to overlap your two characters to avoid gaps were nothing happens in your composition.
For me maybe, if you want to give it epicness you could try to review the line of your mage. he is not so dynamic. draw is spine line and shoulder line and almost 90 degres angle. try to give it more natural move.
I would recommand you to take references for the mage cloth. we dont feel the elbow behind the robe.
wish you the best.
Some possible changes?