Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Hello other humans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How is everyone?
I'm Jordan. I've just graduated year 12 in Australia 4 days ago. I would love to work as an artist for Blizzard Entertainment, their art styles have always made me want to make art. I'm not sure what specific art role I would like, 3d, 2d, animator, environments or character design - They all sound appealing so exploring mediums will help me decide.

At the start of  my senior high school year's I was really tempted to drop out since I was motivated to just learn art though I let that slip as I studied  now I'm happy to have total freedom to learn what I want! I came first in my years art class and my major work is nominated for selection in the state-wide year 12 exhibition however my art is dreadful on any sort of professional or real world scale. Time to start training. I've turned down my offer at an art school, their art looks more conceptual and artsy fartsy than technically refined.

I have a working gap year ahead of me before I make any decisions on university or moving over seas and I plan on committing to teaching myself art through books and the internet. Right now I'm pretty uncertain of how to jump back into learning art though.

I really think that joining crimson daggers will help me stay motivated as there isn't much art in my community.