Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Arturs92 Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a dude I'm working on.
Something wrong with his fingers.
Hey Artur, welcome to the Daggers!

Off to a great start <3 this dude looks great. My only crit would be to maybe give the flute a bit more shape/design. I was focusing more on the overall silhouette of him, as opposed to what he was actually doing. As for the hands, I only see his left pinky being a bit off looking as well as the position of the index finger. It shouldn't be fully visible from that position, not the knuckle.

Just my 2 cents, keep up the great work!
Thanks, smrr! Really appreciate your comment. Didn't change the pinky and didn't change the flute. :P
And I'm calling it done. ;)

[Image: arturs-luksis-capturing.jpg?1447975519]
[Image: mwRzGDi.png]
Sketch for my next piece.
[Image: XyV3W3R.png]
Don't have that much time to do this.
I think I'm done with them.
[Image: wzYRz9K.jpg]
I really like how you use textures to show different materials- the goblin looks awesome! For your latest piece, I think the guy on the bottom is missing his left index finger? Or is he non human?
Thanks, kmink! Yeah I'm trying to figure out textures. They are weird.
He has only 4 fingers for each hand. :)
wow, really digging that goblin! i would like to see some more value on him though. Have you tried to use layer modes?
MasamuneDS, Thanks! Yeah... I'm using layer modes. But sometimes I like to paint in a narrow value range.

Anyhow here's a detail therapy on this piece.
[Image: NOufxlV.png]
[Image: arturs-luksis-monkeys.jpg?1459704886]
That gnome makes me feel happy in my emotions. I love how you managed to make it work with such a narrow value range!
Your sketchbook is awesome so far, can't wait to see more<3