Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Post your OLD art!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought it'd be fun to share some really old stuff.

This is something I did at the age of 15, 2005 (I'm 21 now).

[Image: ouchj.jpg]
[Image: loathsomefirstdrawing.jpg]
[Image: heartjfi.jpg]
Miles posted this the other day on reditt (5 years of art), and it inspired me to go search for my oldest self-portrait, anyone else care to share?

MILES
[Image: qE0gM.jpg]

MY UGLY FACE
[Image: before-and-after.jpg]
awesome guys, massive improvement both Miles and you Dracken.

I didnt found anything really old at the moment, but i think this one from the last year is shitty enough to make a good comparison.

[attachment=7138]
i have learned nothing.
[Image: learn.jpg]
guess i'm on the beautiful side of life now
[attachment=7151]
[Image: AaLi7.jpg]

.. also from 2010: This is so horrifying o_0
[Image: lf3iX.jpg]
sad story: this was already the redone version of another piece.. just try imagine something even shittier o.o

(don't have the really old stuff on my laptop right now..)
Aaaaaaaaaand I'm still shit -.-

[Image: 01d4eaa6228a60d2b127343d21b67048.png]

Seth Lange

Found my first digital painting i ever did, Still remember struggling so hard to learn through it.
Be very afraid

[Image: Clunar-ttcf.JPG]

Its all there. The huge sig. The lens flare. Smudge tool. Top notch saturation. yay!
That's from 99.
For comparison, one of my recent pieces on DA: http://sulamoon.deviantart.com/#/d4wnk0q
Summer 2011 - when I started to paint

[Image: island01karta.jpg]

Summer 2012

[Image: cloudy_mountains_by_piotrjasielski-d5g51s6.jpg]

I may post some more stuff soon.
heres mine
[attachment=7195]
wtf piotr, wtf.
Haha, awesome to see these old treasures, and the crazy progress youve all made! That Sailor Moon.. mmmm

Here's something from 2008, yea I used to play a certain online game. A lot.

[Image: TheIMPS12_zpsc65c3435.jpg]

And this gem from two years ago when I had begun painting..

[Image: Stuffs_1_zps59b7ae72.jpg]
(10-12-2012, 02:30 PM)Ursula Dorada Wrote: [ -> ]Be very afraid

Its all there. The huge sig. The lens flare. Smudge tool. Top notch saturation. yay!
That's from 99.
For comparison, one of my recent pieces on DA: http://sulamoon.deviantart.com/#/d4wnk0q

wow to the DA piece... and the sailor moon pic, i think i know where you were coming from when painting that...my first digital paintings, i was drawn to the high saturation colours too...think its because i learnt to paint from miniatures, and creating depth and realistic lighting was a foreign concept (still is, but i'm learning the language a little)

here's my 3rd digital painting and one of my more recent pieces from a couple of months ago
One of my first digital paintings from late April to the best of my abilities then, and one from a day ago. Started my sketchbook here on may 30th and since then have been improving :)

Anmaril

hmm, my second digital painting, must be back in 2009 :)