Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Hello world.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi , my name is Etienne im 23 and i'm from canada. I speak french mostly but i can speak like a 5 years old kid in english. I understand it more that i can speak it. 

I have draw on and off for quite some time now, but about a month ago i start to realize that i wanted to do it as a job. My skill level is almost inexistant and i'm kind of worried that i'm late at 23 but i want to believe i can do it.  So i joined Crimson Dagger to seek for help and surround myself with people that love the same thing as me.  I have about 4 hours a day to draw cause i have a full time job and i can't afford art school cause i have a car and too much thing to pay. So i'm gonna make the most of it, stop whining, create a sketchbook here and study like crazy. 

Have a great day ! :)

Heres my first time using the wacom, yesterday ( photo studies ) 

[attachment=80006]
Welcome Etienne.

I grew up in Canada as well!

If you look historically many artist's did not start until later in life. Van Gogh did not start any painting until he was almost 21. Monet and Cezanne had no success until 33, Mark Twain did not start writing until 30.

For me I did not take art seriously until my mid 30's. This painting is a great start, enjoy the process.

4 hrs each day is really good! For me I set a goal of 1/2 hour only, since with full time job, family etc, it can be difficult to plan. Any extra time I find is great.

Cheers

John
Hey thank you John!

What province are you from ? I'm from Quebec!