Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: AChi's sketchbook~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Hey! Love post#170 thumbnail sketches. Keep the good work man.
as in the last week of uni holiday...
i was very frustrated with the line control in PS. Then i tried Autodesk Sketchbook but it's terrible in keybinding system. Tried Painter but it seems to lag too much and i got some problem in displaying image.

Back to PS then.
Love the way you use big brushes to build your shapes dude, inspirational work.

Doing freehand lines on a graphics tablet is a big struggle for me too.  I try to draw from the shoulder but that doesn't work as well as from the wrist or elbow.  Good luck with it anyway Achi.

Keep pushing man.
(08-02-2017, 04:00 AM)Artloader Wrote: [ -> ]Love the way you use big brushes to build your shapes dude, inspirational work.

Doing freehand lines on a graphics tablet is a big struggle for me too.  I try to draw from the shoulder but that doesn't work as well as from the wrist or elbow.  Good luck with it anyway Achi.

Keep pushing man.

thx
followed the tute...need to be colored next
finish up
I love your little digital ink sketch. Its so expressive :D btw how did you make the little thing that you just colored? Is it 3d?
(08-10-2017, 06:05 AM)NoodleInBox Wrote: [ -> ]I love your little digital ink sketch. Its so expressive :D btw how did you make the little thing that you just colored? Is it 3d?

yes, it's made in Cinema 4D
I am back! was working on this study as my "homework".

In this one I used lasso tool a a lot and limit myself with 5 to 6 brushes.
I tried to look for tutorial on painting ice texture before i started this study, but I could not find anything useful. Then I figure it out in my way.

In my previous studies/painting I didnt used lasso tool as much as this one tho I do understand maybe I should. I usually do not finish the edges clear and after this study I realise that I need to keep the shape clear. I am not good enough to use brush to control the edge yet.
back to more practice
========
woooooow, the last 2 updates are killer ! the small landscapes on the last one are gorgeous ! could we have a bigger version of those ?
(08-29-2017, 04:49 AM)kikindaface Wrote: [ -> ]woooooow, the last 2 updates are killer ! the small landscapes on the last one are gorgeous ! could we have a bigger version of those ?

thank you kikindaface,
the small landscapes are photo studies i deliberately paint them in a small scale. The purpose of doin this is to force myself focus on colors and forms, instead of digging into texture/details.

I notice that i usually spend toooooo much time in texture, I'd like to paint more efficiently by doin this practice.
doing a bit of this, a bit of that
The ice looks legit! Like it would just melt if you poured boiling water over it!

Love the costumed figures, too!
Wow I'm impressed by your improvement in such a short time!

Do you have a routine? I will definitely try out the 10 poses/5 designs/1 finished piece study.
@Tygerson  thanks!

@Mirna94 I normally do at least one piece per day. depend on how busy the uni and work are. I used to follow that practice pattern you mentioned but not anymore.
testing brushes again
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17