Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: AChi's sketchbook~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(07-28-2018, 10:38 PM)AChi Wrote: [ -> ]180727

The tiny hair are in a good way unclear. I like it. Also good the way a jacket is drawn . Looking forward to see more Artworks from you see you
@[b]UKRAINIANWOLF97   thank you wolf[/b]

------------------
180811    finish with this one
Good stuff dude, loved the dog sketches and the painting of the old dude on the previous page.

Keep it going!
I think the last one is good, if you spent more time locking the perspective of say a few windows and piilars and pushing the edges even more itd really be nice
@Artloader thanks mate

@Fedodika You are correct. will pay more attention next time
recent photo study homework
really nice stuff
that musta been time consuming!
Great study, you must have learnt a tons from these. The old man and environments kick ass lol :D !
My perspective radar got triggered on the last piece could you post the reference along your study it counter productive to post study without the reference thank you.
(11-10-2018, 09:46 PM)darktiste Wrote: [ -> ]My perspective radar got triggered on the last piece could you post the reference along your study it counter productive to post study without the reference thank you.

hi darktiste, here's the original photo 

https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en-A...40&bih=725
Yup i think my radar got triggered on the ellipse of the stair of the top corner monument.There not follow the same degre of ellipse nothing major but enough to make the monument seem like it was off centered i had the sensation it was sinking.One trick is to lay the layer on top of the original and see it they match.Do this to check ellipse after you first guessed the degre.

Left:Original//Right:copy

Additional comment after revision your monument is brighter than the original.You don't push your smoke into fine particule the transition could be improve.

Not trying to have a harsh critic just giving you thing to work on and some tips to improve your vision of thing. Soft vs sharp transition think of how wind can affect particule in the air and how thick the smoke is. The thicker the smoke is the more it reflect light.Thick smoke near the ground and fine particule clouding the scene since it the ''camera''is near the scene and above ground.
(11-12-2018, 11:43 AM)darktiste Wrote: [ -> ]Yup i think my radar got triggered on the ellipse of the stair of the top corner monument.There not follow the same degre of ellipse nothing major but enough to make the monument seem like it was off centered i had the sensation it was sinking.One trick is to lay the layer on top of the original and see it they match.Do this to check ellipse after you first guessed the degre.

Left:Original//Right:copy

Additional comment after revision your monument is brighter than the original.You don't push your smoke into fine particule the transition could be improve.

Not trying to have a harsh critic just giving you thing to work on and some tips to improve your vision of thing. Soft vs sharp transition think of how wind can affect particule in the air and how thick the smoke is. The thicker the smoke is the more it reflect light.Thick smoke near the ground and fine particule clouding the scene since it the ''camera''is near the scene and above ground.
Thank you for your valuable comment! for this sort of photo study I sometimes get too focus on the details (to get a "pass" for this homework) and usually forget to get back to the whole image and check things from an overall aspect. And your fresh look at this study and original does provide something i missed in this study.

I did notice that the curve of the stairs doesnt look right but didnt bother to fix it. I also understand that there are alot to be improved in the fog/smoke. But considering about the time i need to spend on this, comparing with what i could gain from it .. i would spend this 3-4 hours in some other things that I am more interested in.

I have completed several this sort of photo studies, as the "homework" in the digital painting group im in, and now i find out that these homework are not as challenge as they used to be, they used to make me learn a lot after spending large amount of time trying to get everything look exactly like in the original photo. Now i realise that i can get them look very close to the original photo, as long as i spend enough time on it, but i wont learn as much as what i did in the past.

And i understand that the purpose of painting is not copying but creating, therefore i am not going to do photo study (as detail) like this (in couple of months maybe) but focusing on some other aspects. These kind of study makes me familiar with tools/functions of photoshop and helps me develop my own workflow and brush/tool set, it's still a very useful learning experience.
some new stuff
an old work
---------
Awesome work your doing here dude, keep going! x)
@Zodd  thank you mate.

------------

A character i made today
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17