Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: My crimson sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DannO

[Image: Shazaar1.jpg]

OK newbie here just putting up what I am doing for the daggers here. My take so far on Shazarr.
Looks good, the servant's so funny hehe. Keep it up!

DannO

Thanks Isra AC I wanted to keep if fun. This one is a bit rougher but I am prepping for painting on paper. I am not the best painter but I have a lot of fun with it. He is nto as heavy but he has the character I want him to have.

DannO

OK a bit further along I hope I can finish. I will get a try to get a bit done tonight.

DannO

[Image: Shazaarfinaleesm.jpg]

DannO

[Image: JudeLaw1.jpg]

Working on #9 taking Jude Law. Liked all the concepts i can't draw mechs well so it was down to two.

DannO

[Image: JudeLaw2.jpg]

Moving along with this one. I used a lot of Durer portraits for ref. Trying to give it a life of its own too.

DannO

OK some progress bad alignment on the scan.

DannO

Well I am taking the Kagan Krall avenue for Bloodsports 10. Have a number of fun ideas I want to do better this time so I will do more sketches and thumbs for ideas. I did two future one one sharign the helm with Jordy from Star trek TNG that kills two birds 80's and future too. The other one I am going for a classic sci fi cover from the 30's look. Of course as a gamemaster for a game his character should be in is a nice touch destroying a 80's video game in frustration playing with a rubicks cube being turned down for a date by a valley girl riding a ferrari like a horse. Drinking a pina colada. Just getting ideas down once I decide on where to go will do a more in depth study and then on to painting. I don't have the luxury of time working full time and having a 7 year old to take care of but she likes to draw and paint too so it is all good.

DannO

Well went with a less amusing version. This is inspired by a story by H. Beam Piper Where the spacemen take a number of primitives aboard their starcraft as sort of a show of force and to show what they are capable of. This is a response to various terrorist attacks on their compound. It is a pretty cool story from if I remember right from Federation. As far as costumes and style goes I want to go for a retro future look in the style of Frank R. Paul who did a lot of the classic pulp sci fi covers of the 20's to the 40's.